Why Do I Grind Micros???

F

FloppyNutzs

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seriously I can't seem to find the correct answers here.
Why do I do this to myself?

After taken a some time away from the game from no other reason then being too busy to make time to play poker I found myself back at the tables yesterday. Maybe I should thank the stay at home orders.

It been been a while, probably over a year since I played. I was happy to find I still had just under $200 on BCP.

I played in 5 MTT games 2 of them where buy in games and they others were free rolls.
I cashed in both buy in games and also in 1 free roll with 1 final table.

But the winning are mico, just like the buyin.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I did not quite understand what your question was. I think freerolls are a great way to build a bankroll, and it is also a great opportunity to improve your skills and gain valuable experience without the risk.
Good luck.

BenSprocket

BenSprocket

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stop playing freerolls. Dump some money in your account and learn from Nathan, Blackrain.

A fox 666

A fox 666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The game of freerolls is definitely evil! There is no tactics and strategy, one solid pihina. To destroy your nerves for a miserable few cents or dollars for 5-6 hours is the height of idiocy!

V

Vlad Nesterenko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seriously I can't seem to find the correct answers here.
Why do I do this to myself?

After taken a some time away from the game from no other reason then being too busy to make time to play poker I found myself back at the tables yesterday. Maybe I should thank the stay at home orders.

It been been a while, probably over a year since I played. I was happy to find I still had just under $200 on BCP.

I played in 5 MTT games 2 of them where buy in games and they others were free rolls.
I cashed in both buy in games and also in 1 free roll with 1 final table.

But the winning are mico, just like the buyin.

it’s nice when I haven’t played poker for a long time and already completely forgot that you have an account, when I suddenly decided to log in to try my luck and saw $ 200 there)) lol))

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At micro stakes players make more mistakes than on higher levels. You should first be able to consistently win at micro levels before switching to higher stakes. Otherwise you are just wasting your money.

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Dont do it.

Stop grinding.

Play less games, so you can pay more attention to the games you are playing. Once this habit sets in, you should be able to win more and play higher.

P.S. You should be having fun doing this. That's why they call it playing poker.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The cashes/prize pool is a reflection of the buy-in. I expect most freerolls would have low cash prizes going to top spot. So, why you'd play them with a $200 BR and complain about the payouts is silly. You get what you play.

The payouts for a buy-in games reflect the buy-in, gtd prize, and re-entries. I believe BCP has really long late registration, a high payout structure (18% paid?), and large fields. So, getting to the top spot will pay significantly less than a site that pays 10-15% of entries. On the plus side, cashing is a bit easier and it helps cushion some of the swings.

I think if you're making 25+ buy-ins for a top spot, that's decent. 30-45 buy-ns is great. Anything above 50+ buy-ins is excellent.

S

ssj3gokudbz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why do you grind the micros? I think because you want to grow your BR. And if you think you can do as good at higher stakes then i think you are wrong. You must take it step by step. Like an exemple if you have 1 intelligent child and you want to get him into school you can't put him directly into 4th year, he has to take it from the 1st year.

N

natelearnspoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don’t play free rolls or micro stakes because you’ll pick up on bad habits like raising for no reason or calling everything.

It’s also not worth the time and effort (as someone who primarily plays free roll). In comparison, you can make much more with a $15 per hour job than grinding low stakes. Do that and invest some earnings into better payout tournaments.

I have never deposited money because I’m playing online poker for experience and keeping an eye out for what not to do through playing free rolls. Best of luck.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don’t play free rolls or micro stakes because you’ll pick up on bad habits like raising for no reason or calling everything.
They open and call wider in the higher stakes.

If you can't beat it in the micros, you can't beat it at higher levels.

T

TpaEnforcement

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play micro buy ins to build my bank roll up. Free rolls are hard to play to start bank rolls, but it can be done. I was thinking one day, of putting money in, but I happened to win a little from freerolls, so i didnt have too. Now i just have a problem keeping , my bank rolls. I always tend to play , more then I can spend. But I am doing well now. I am disciplined, so bank rolls are slowly going up. Just got to keep at it and it will work out.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
The buy in is affordable , you can win some , build your bankroll ,then try satellites for bigger events or these bigger events directly . If you don't feel ready to level up or you have a downswing , you can stick to the micros for as long as you need . You can do it for fun , on your free time , no heartbreaking losses , bankroll management , play on the micros sneaking for your chances to win big on the first chance , also study at the same time the game strategy . These days there's more free time than before for poker :) Good Luck :)