Why didn't I???

CDNMAN 42

CDNMAN 42

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is the type of situation which irritates most players I know and I guess there isn't much one can do:
I am in SB of 45 player SitNGo, My stack is 25 BB, I am short stack at the table, My hand 55
there is a raise a re-raise and a call before me...obviously at least 1 premium hand out there, fold or shove??? I fold the other players end up all in...the flop. 10 10 5, yep a full boat..grrrr
:):):)
https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/424SJBqlr

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Stop being result oriented.

What if the flop came down 10-10-2 and played out the same way? Would you still think you should have called? You're upset because you would have won this particular hand, but plug in your hand vs your opponent's hands or even a range and see how often you come off on top in this situation.

If it's a good fold, it's a good fold no matter what the run out is.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Stop being result oriented.

If somebody won the lottery yesterday, it doesnt mean you should go buy a ticket.

It does not matter what the cards come out after you fold, they would have been different if you would have played. The random number generator would have stopped at a different point and the cards would have been different.

blackknives

blackknives

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
There's a lot of these "i should have", "why didn't i" and im sure every player has a book's worth of these regrets (poker or life in general).
Fact is, like the other people said, it could have ended either way, and i'm sure it has before factoring into your decision to fold.
Don't dwell on it, more games to come. Don't second guess all your choices, only those that truly matter (in most cases, non-poker related)

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
If you folded for a certain reason, and it doesn't matter whether you would have scored, the only thing you can ask yourself was the folding in this situation right or not. So in my eyes it was completely right because 55 is a pretty weak hand. You will see that it will happen more often that you fold the winning hand, but that shouldn't make you play worse hands, even if you sometimes have the feeling that only those hands win.

srurrr

srurrr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on the opponent, but I basically fold.

A

AllOut

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think fold was right mate, we see not only one but two AK vs JJ premium hands there. If you shove, you get both of them into pot but you would not be lucky everytime hitting your set or full house, eventually you shouldn't be upset seeing that flop. Actually 55 is just low pair against raise utg, reraise co, flat by sb. SB call was too strong also. I don't know him but that somehow screams 77+ pairs or AJ+. If AK wasn't there, you will still get called from SB. Eventhough if he had not jacks but KQs etc. After all, I would fold.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Celebrate the fact that you made the correct decision... the rest doesn't matter.

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
easy fold... i also hate when things like these happen because its not like you had 27 offsuit and the flop is 227, a pair of fives can be a decent hand to enter the pot however after a re raise you only had 2 valid options. to shove all in or fold and you make the right one since pocket fives are not strong enough to consider risking your entire stack against a preflop re raise.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think you made the right choice !!! Specifically in this hand you could have won, but consistently making the right choice you will not lose five more hands that you could have lost !!!

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
This is the type of situation which irritates most players I know and I guess there isn't much one can do:
I am in SB of 45 player SitNGo, My stack is 25 BB, I am short stack at the table, My hand 55
there is a raise a re-raise and a call before me...obviously at least 1 premium hand out there, fold or shove??? I fold the other players end up all in...the flop. 10 10 5, yep a full boat..grrrr
:):):)
https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/424SJBqlr

The thing you need to do is play the hand correctly. It does not matter what happened after that. So you would have won a big pot this time, what about the 4 other time you lose and your out? Once you made a correct decision dont worry about what would have happened. You played it correctly and that's all that counts.