When to make a add on?

G

gencoal

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
party poker has these 5.50 penny entry ticket games I. the add on is .50 cents. no point to add on if you lose just play another penny entry and move on . I'm getting quite successfull racking up tickets this way a penny at a time

T

touchmytallalla

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the main rule says if add-on is more than 15% of your stack you should make it.

B

butterstoch

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The add on period states the amount of chips you will gain from the add on. In case you already have a high chip stack, just add the amount stated to the medium and low stacks and see where they stand. if it is still lower than yours then no point in an add on. A short stack or a medium stack is when you would want to make an add on.

korneel

korneel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Add on is definitely worth it.
Cause the add on is sometimes more than the starterchips.

J

jerohit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when you have less then average chips .... but at the time of add on blinds ante are too high

Slav4obaby

Slav4obaby

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you can double your stack for less then the original buyin, you should definitely take the addon

Ivab

Ivab

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In regular rebuy tournaments I start playing the game aggressively and loose. If you can get a good stack then continue the game. If not then just go with the game. It is necessary to count on 10-15 rebuys and 1 addon. If it is expensive you should not start playing. There are tournaments where you should not do rebuys and addons. For example freerolls from social networks. The number of participants is very large. Re-buys and add-ons expensive. Shasy into little success.

mar_dragan

mar_dragan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can add on ,but when you are equal with other players,but if tournament have a massive chipleaders there is no reason to add on.

J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Add-on to make your stack above average from the rest of the players and to ensure playable stack.

PacMan

PacMan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you can not afford to make a re-buy and add-on, it is better not to play in this tournament. You should always play in the middle stages with a comfortable stack, but it needs as much as possible to increase it in the rebuy period.

P

paulsmall007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends if I'm short stacked and I wanna make the money,chill add on. If I have a huge stack. May not even add on as I can just play comfortably with what I have. If I have a mid level stack might add on to have an edge over the short stacks during bubble play. Add on might not be worth the trouble depending on pay scale. Might have to finish basically final table to make a profit. Situational decision

polo kwan

polo kwan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
addon only when im lack of stack...

N

Nodrawman

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont think so it could be profitable. Just go to an other tourney from that money. And there its more valuable. It's simple maths. If you have a deep stack and you add a lil bit, it modifies just a bit. But if you play only with that lil bit like all the others it is much more valuable.

H

Haemophile

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
an addon to me is down to how much you'll get for a min cash if a rebuy or addon means that a min cash will not cover the cost then it is not worth it (10pt freeroll on skypoker) but if the min cash covers the cost of the rebuy/addon then i'm always going to get it

Dutchtegon

Dutchtegon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would say you have to make the add on ALWAYS even when you have for example 200 chips left with blinds of 100/200.

When you started playing that tourment you know there would be an add on. So when you started you were already convinced you wanted to make money on this tourment. To give you a better chance you need te do this. Otherwise will your headstart be gone in a matter of seconds.

Greg Austin

Greg Austin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play at betonline and when i play the rebuy/addon i always add on the first break. if i make it to the first break and without a rebuy (i never rebuy) then i add on. its worth it imo because i dont want to make or break on one maybe two hands. the ante will kill you!!!

Abramo Della Luce

Abramo Della Luce

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Add on pretty close to 100% of the time only in rare screwed up structure should you not add on.
Yep, I agree.
I have seen freerolls with very bad payout (like first 5 players gets 3.30$ ticket), more than 1000 people in it and an add on (which is less than 2 times the starting stack) costs 1$. Can't imagen that people buy it there.
Also, if you are the chip leader and an add on gives you 1% extra stack, I wouldn't do it.