When do you register from regular tournaments?

D

Darthrazer

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find things tend to go better for me when I register at the break after the 1st hour of registration. I often seem to bust out in the first hour if I register at the start so it saves me buying back in. I feel I play better when the blinds are bigger in relation to the average stack.
I was wondering if the guys and gals here had any views on this?
I'm talking about standard 8 or 12 min blind tourneys' with two to four hour late reg.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my experience, if I register at the beginning of a tournament, I am more likely to win prizes than if I enter at a late registration.

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to play a lot in early stages when I have a lot of blinds and opportunity to see a lot of flops

C

CSLysander

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think starting at the beginning allows a chance to study the players more. You do not need to play every hand or even attempt to. It is about patience and not getting frustrated at not getting cards to play.

M

masa11

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would like it more often, but today I lost the last

Alekxandrovi3

Alekxandrovi3

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
When I have a lot of free time and mood, I devote them to regular tourn.

K

karl coakley

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I pretty much do the same thing. With no Antes and small blinds it is easy to win a small pot or lose a big one.

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you know, I have the exact same impression I'm better off checking in after an hour of playing the tournament, but I think it's because I'm not so tired when the final comes up.