When do you register in late registration tourney's?

D

Darthrazer

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find things tend to go better for me when I register at the break after the 1st hour of registration. I often seem to bust out in the first hour if I register at the start so it saves me buying back in. I feel I play better when the blinds are bigger in relation to the average stack.
I was wondering if the guys and gals here had any views on this?
I'm talking about standard 8 or 12 min blind tourneys' with two to four hour late reg.

K

Kingsti95

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am trying to reg before the tournament is started, but if I couldn't I just reg when I can, no matter what is the time.

manuela2910

manuela2910

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I register before the tournament starts.

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
There are such rare tournaments with addons equal to 10 times the stack. It is best to register in them at the last minute of registration and make an addon. In one of the rooms, i get into the prizes in more than 75% of such freeroll tournaments with the possibility of rebuys and addons. They have such a payout system that sometimes i fold all my hands in them, even AA ))

Dimission

Dimission

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Actually, I only do that with freerolls. Or in cases where the blinds move very slowly. In all other cases, I often feel like I have already missed things and could have had a lot more chips.

foran

foran

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it is always better to start from the beginning.

wagon596

wagon596

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try to get in the tournament with at least 35 to 40 blinds. Most of the time that's somewhere around a hour or so into the tournament.

niphon56

niphon56

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I sometimes register the last minute of late register.
But not play four hour late reg games, for almost no chance to win.

HeshamTwix

HeshamTwix

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
EG
Chips
Its better to register before the tournament starts, but in some cases you can register at the last level of late reg if the tournament has addons/rebuys.

CKALLDAY

CKALLDAY

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My preference is to start at the beginning of the tournament but will sometimes choose to register when there is less than an hour of late registration left and a double up will bring me above average stack.

I feel as though my really deep runs happen more often when I start at the beginning of the tournament.

I used to think the same way, when it comes to busting before the late registration ends, but it’s completely fine for that to happen and to be expected from time to time.

Many pros and amateurs alike find firing multiple bullets into a given tournament to be a normal thing... and quite frankly it’s often those who are at least willing to fire multiple bullets into a tournament who do the best.

If one joins late, there is often the chance that we bust within one hour of starting as well, it just feels different because we are “deeper in the tournament”.

If one doesn’t have belief in their skill, which may be an issue in and of itself, then perhaps joining later would be better because variance can send a couple of coin flips your way for an exciting time deep in a tournament.

Joining earlier will take more patience, but it’s by doing so that one can truly build a stack without having to rely solely on all ins and huge pots in order to do so.

ComfyPanda

ComfyPanda

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I reg before it starts whenever possible. If I am jumping in late it I'm good with coming in at almost any time, but prefer to at least have 10-15BB to work with.

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, if you immediately begin to distribute premium hands, then of course you may like this prospect and everyone would do so in your place.The difficulty lies in the fact that in most cases this factor does not work and you just put your cards in a pass(.If I knew the situation,I would become a millionaire)!

mervin88

mervin88

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
love late registering also, saves me time and it's like overlay also with so many people busting out, one flip and im up there

J

JDolla

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Typically sometime after the first level. Usually between levels 2-3 if I can help it but almost never before the tournament actually starts.

A

Axmanace

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The only tournaments I don’t register late for are knock outs.

If the tournament is a hyper/turbo I will register 30 min after it opens. If it is a regular 30 min - 1 hour after.

I didn’t used to late register; however, at the micro level I’ve found a lot of donks that will call raises / 4 bets with nothing due to relative stack size - happens less if you wait a little bit before joining.

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Ohhhhh

An aggressive flop. I had a pair of Ace served against King Ace. but the flop made my eyes swell with AKK8K

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
this is the third time that I finished the turbo series sat 500K $ tournament [phase 1] at the 32nd position still with a good hand like QQ AK KK

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
every time I miss a hand in a PokerStars tournament. the next hand dealt will be a losing monster hand

T

TaigaMaster

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to go to tournaments. when there are 30-40 blinds in the stack ...