When do you prefer to join a Tournament?

foran

foran

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I feel better starting the tournament from the beginning since you have time to wait for good hands and bend

Last edited:
albosaltenio

albosaltenio

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
from the beginning without hesitation

R

rudy988

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I also like to play tournaments from 1st hand , gives me more chances and much more BB . I like to see cheap flops early with low pairs and suited connectors , cause people like to push early with all sorts of hands in order to double up ;)

V

Veritas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
at regular tournaments i prefer to reg within the first 30-45mins
Turbos within the first 15-30mins

i don't try to Register as late as possible because i'm fine with playing deeps stacks and smallball

P

Pickat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My head tells me to join in the beginning to take advantage of the low blinds and getting to see so many more hands . But my results seem to be better when I join late . Not sure why that is but I think I have to start tracking the differences . Very good question thank you .

S

sergo1203

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer to play from the beginning of the tournament.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Always only the first, if not prevent the circumstances of life, to stare at the table until the blinds a little what people are breathing.

kowrip

kowrip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Level 3 or 4 is ideal for me. Where I play, they generally allow re-entry through the first 8 or so levels. Hardly anybody sits down right at the beginning. If you do, you'll most likely be playing against only 1 or 2 other players for a while. There just isn't a whole lot going on until at least a couple of levels into the tournament. I wish they'd stop re-entries at the first break so then I would actually sit down from the very beginning.

A

anderson1313

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
turbo i play start tournament
regular e deeps after 1 hour tournament

my prefer

navicula

navicula

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer at the beginning of the tournament, my chances of getting bigger are looking for "Fish".

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I am trying to register in the tournament before the start. Honestly, I just do not like to register for the tournament during late registration.
Good luck.

sergik1992

sergik1992

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I join tourneys in all stages depending on my mood. But to my mind registration in very late stage (when you have 10bb or so) is not the best decision.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
of course I prefer to play from the beginning. so I have the time to analyze my opponents and have a good idea on their style game when the blinds are going up and I should play big pots.

K

Kaban

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer to join the tournament from the start, where you can fill in chips with mass not people and this is a huge plus for a start. ;)

Ranish625

Ranish625

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What is your thoughts on the best time to join a tourney. I find if I join a little after mid way through late registration I do better. when i join early i get to see more flops due to low blinds but I also have more room for bad beats that wipe me. Im curious to know how you feel.

I prefer to join the tournament at the very beginning, late registration never did me any good, maybe I'm wrong, but this is my personal opinion

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi There
I prefer from the begining
You can follow the action more closely
But,,, joint near late registration finishes in not bad It saves you time
Any way both are good
Rgds

C

Canwai

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd rather get into the early stages

SAKhur

SAKhur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tournament play from the beginning or the beginning of late registration when the blinds are still small and enough time to disperse your stack

I

Index12

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually join tournaments early so I don’t have to worry about blinding out early(relative to the late start)

S

Steve Deeble

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Always at the beginning, I’ve registered late in tournaments to only have 3 or 4 bbs with no other option than to go all in with the first decent set of cards.

I

Index12

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I go into tournaments early so I have more hands to go through to look for a double up or something. A bigger blind means I might have to shove with a mediocre hand anyways.

roger perkins

roger perkins

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always like to join before the first hand. However I have noticed a lot of times at the first break I have a few more or less chips then i would have if i entered then. The low levels are just card playing usually. there aren't enough chips to make any moves and if you steal blinds early you are less likely to get away with it when the blinds are up to a point that is worth stealing. So as long as im not coming in 20 BB or less a late entry doesnt bother me.

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I like to join at the very beginning of the tournament when the blinds are small and the stacks are big. I really don't like late registration tournaments. In such tournaments it is impossible to determine how many players are left in the game until the late registration ends. I think if you play seriously and professionally, you need to join at the very beginning of the tournament, then there is time to make your stack bigger, by the time the blinds grow.

darthjewel

darthjewel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer to be in the game from the beginning. I choose tournaments without rebuy option and not very long registration period. However there are many of tournaments with unlimited rebuys , a huge addon and a very late registration.In such a case I try to join the game as late as possible, because at the beginning nothing happens there but you need to be focused all the time.

K

Kadgaron

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In tournaments I play with a hand of distribution. At the initial stage, most beginners are eliminated, which, when choosing the right tactics, helps to consolidate their positions at the table.A gradual increase in the stack due to retiring will allow you to feel more confident in the next level of the game.