When do you bet all the chips?

Riccoboni

Riccoboni

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are used to playing cash games, in each orbit it is time to bet everything if you are nuts. I say this because the game is solved in each orbit of the button. But if you play MTT, you need to have a strategy to maintain your chips until the final table. In other words, in MTT you have to manage your chips as you do with money in the bank, you have to be careful when placing bets so that they are profitable and you can stay in the game. There are different betting levels at each tournament level, and folding AA, KK often gives you more profit equity than betting on them. But if you have JJ give up fast :)DLOL) ..

Would you like to know from the friends of the forum when you bet all the chips?:rolleyes:

B

Badday94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends, there is no easy answer. After you gain experience playing mtt, you get a feel of the table so I listen to my gut feeling and play accordingly

Riccoboni

Riccoboni

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends, there is no easy answer. After you gain experience playing mtt, you get a feel of the table so I listen to my gut feeling and play accordingly

I also prefer to play MTT.
We usually see in MTT any player calling all-in with any AX .. or connectors. And I learned by playing live, where it is totally different from the online game.

B

bobor19871987

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bobor19871987

when I have a good card or when I have a bad day and I don't want to play so I give all in:):):)

K

kanycta99

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If I have a small stack and AK comes in, all the chips are in the center. The beginning of the tournament - AA or KK - I can answer everything against 1-2 players.

Z

Zirkzee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I have less than 15 blinds in a tournament, I play push or fold. That means I either go all in or I fold. That makes sense because after the flop your stack isn't much bigger than the pot. This means that you feel bound to the pot. It is much more difficult to get out of the pot. And if you feel tied to the pot anyway then you can go all in and who knows maybe you steal the blinds with a mediocre hand. If your stack is less than 15 blinds, stealing blinds are worth a lot. In addition, you don't want to invest a lot of chips from your stack to see the flop and then not hit anything on the flop. If you are in late position and nobody in front of you has raised and your stack is only between 5 and 10 blinds, you have to put all in with hands like K2o and risk your tournament life. I would only fold AA and KK preflop because of the independent chips model. For example, if you are already in the prize money and a few players still have fewer chips than you, it can be more profitable with AA not to risk your tournament life and to fold. You should then rather wait until players with fewer chips are eliminated from the tournament and you can win more prize money.

V

valanddon

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
When I think I have the winning hand.

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
I will go All in in a MTT when I had the nuts, other than that when I am with a small stack and get AA, KK, QQ, AK.

Poker Chips - History of Chips