quick

quick

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing in a big tourney, what's worse of a feeling:

Being knocked out when all in ahead as a huge favorite (ie getting sucked out on or rivered)

OR

Being card dead and just seeing your stack dwindle then being so short you shove and lose anyways.

I feel like both are frustrating but being card dead is worse feeling because I feel like I may be playing great poker but just not getting the opportunities to take down pots.

dorivaldojr

dorivaldojr

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the worst of all for me that must be the most frustrating is when you come with a pair of AA or KK or AK from all in in a tournament and a guy for example with 9-Q wins hahahah, this is frustrating, more to go losing your stack little by little is sad too!

perrypip

perrypip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Being card dead is a slow painfull way to go. At least you get it over with quick when your better hand gets cracked.

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Many times it has happened to me that I am first in a tournament and I am playing very well, then there comes a point where nothing happens, I do not think I receive good cards and then my stack begins to decrease and one point my frustration begins to increase, I know I am not going to win every hand I enter (unless the gods of poker and the universe conspire in my favor lol) but it really is like repeating having too many chips turns against me

S

spider9

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
let me tell u

The worst feeling here take a look at this ok...I'm one player away from the money playing 2.5 hours, I raise with k5s flop is K22 I bet I get called turn J I bet get called river another 2 so I have full house I bet he goes all in I call he has 82o and rivers quads

G

Gusborgs22

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Card dead, because is a slow death and you still have some hopes.
Like when you still with 8bbs after a hand, nothing good comes, you keep folding, then with 6bbs you get an OK hand and have to shove

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello
I recently played for the first time in a tournament with a $ 16,000 prize money and having A-T (rainbow) senior straight on the turn I get all-in from a villain with the same stack as mine, I fully counted on a split, but this "gentleman" went with two in pairs after two hours of play, the river gave him a full house, I wouldn't be so upset if he went all-in with a set, but not two pair .........

killing_random

killing_random

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you are at BB with a premium hand, excited and can't wait for action, but no one even make a limp and you take the pot by default
lol :(

B

blun777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree - being card dead is more frustrating to me than a bad beat

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Actually neither of these 2 examples above are going to give worse feeling (in big tournament) ...

H

Houdini9

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cards don't really matter as much as Reads and Position in MTT - so being card dead is irrelevant imo. With that being said, it's getting sucked out on when you make a good read on range and the villain gets rewarded.

GL GL,

HOUDINI9

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Given the option, I rather lose fast and waste less time- than play for hours to win nothing.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Not sure what would be better to be honest but since I paid to get in I would rather be card dead than go out early on.

maxivega

maxivega

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it is worse to lose a hand when you are far ahead against an opponent who is on the ropes, and then see how their luck begins to change and ends up taking you out of the tournament. Feeling that thanks to the luck he had against you, he is still standing, and begins to dominate the table.:(:(

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The whole sadness is that we rejoice when we win and cry when we lose-we still haven't learned how to lose with dignity.There won't always be a card, and you won't always be the winner.The path to victory lies through many defeats-this is the fate of the player.

maxivega

maxivega

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it is worse to lose a hand when you are far ahead against an opponent who is on the ropes, and then see how their luck begins to change and ends up taking you out of the tournament. Feeling that thanks to the luck he had against you, he is still standing, and begins to dominate the table.:(:(

B

Bena

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I think too

L

ludolh31

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the first option is worse. I hate going all-in with AA (for example) and lose against 9-2. It happened yesterday...

D

droozy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Right after you sit down at poker table, you need to decide what your image will be: tight or loose? Both strategies have their advantages and disadvantages. The worst case scenario is, of course, not getting playable cards and to be blinded out. You need to avoid this at all cost. How? With:
A: Tight image
Try to build up a image of tight player which helps you to make bluffs in critical situations and force opponents to fold their hands. So, you need a tight image and fold equity ergo, stack which is not too shallow. The disadvantage of this strategy is either if you make some big hands, there is smaller chance to get pay off. On the other hand, you can easily bluff in spots, you would not be able as loose player. Also, your raises and re-rasies get more credit = easier to bluff (as I said before).
B: Loose image
Your raises and re-raises have less credibility, your bluffing opportunities are diminished but if you make big hands or get big pocket pairs, you will be paid off.
As loose player, your opponents cannot predict your cards and put you on specific range.
Conclusion:
What strategy to choose? It really depends on the composition of the table. If your table is loose, be tight, if your table is tight, go for loose strategy.
Do not forget one thought: Scared money do not make money!

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not to choose all the same is bad. A familiar situation to me.

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i would rather choose being card dead because at least im losing with bad cards instead of getting a bad beat on the river which is extremely frustrating and tilting even more than being card dead.

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
card dead is the worst, but good players can overcome this byshowing strength even when you don t have the cards

Alekxandrovi3

Alekxandrovi3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not so long ago, I was moved with a very good hand late in a big tournament. I had a good stack and a chance to go even further.

K

karl coakley

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everyone, Everyone, goes card dead in a tournament. Everyone gets sucked out on in a tournament. Winning requires you learn to deal with these types of things.

You need to lose small pots and win big ones. This means stop losing big pots with 1 pair, calling shoves with small pairs, ect...

You also need to learn to play position and take pots when you are card dead.

When you adjust to things like this you will increase your success.

4e kogo1

4e kogo1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker

patience and discipline, it's a point, but not everyone adheres to this basis, you know, and I often can't stay afloat when I'm moved ,something wakes up in me and I go to break expensive limits, sometimes I break the jackpot, but there were many times when I was left with nothing, so play the bankroll with patience))