What is your strategic intent?

TheMuffier

TheMuffier

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What are your poker plans for the next year, 2 years, 5 years and how do you plan to achieve them? Do you have any other plans that depend on your success in poker? For instance, business investments etc.
(Detailed answers please. With all due respect: If your answer is less than two paragraphs please do not respond to this question. Thank you in advance)

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'll continue to play microstakes MTTs and profit off them because most microstakes MTT players are really bad. I plan on playing 200nl live and profiting because most 200nl live players are bad. Main goal is to have a roll for 200nl-500nl live that I can play regularly for extra income.

Lol at your reply standards.

Lorpugo

Lorpugo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Beat heads up 1,5 and 3,5 all the way to 215$ and then play Sunday Million. Then repeat this for the next 2-5 years

drubas

drubas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sounds strange for some persons but that´s my plan.

For me the key to success has been to play tournaments where I win the respective entry via price games. As stated in the headline, that may sounds strange for some of you but it is true.

Brief background story:

My History teacher at school told me that he regularly participates in price games. As he frequently plays he frequently wins. At least some washing machines each year he stated. I thought then it might be great to adapt this strategy to another area. So I looked for opportunities and found Poker.

For sure the chances of success are quite low but nevertheless it is just time you have to spent. And at least when you have some spare-time. You should consider to look for some nice drawings.

That´s my contribution to your question and I hope I provided some information.

Best of luck and greets

A.B.

TheMuffier

TheMuffier

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll continue to play microstakes MTTs and profit off them because most microstakes MTT players are really bad. I plan on playing 200nl live and profiting because most 200nl live players are bad. Main goal is to have a roll for 200nl-500nl live that I can play regularly for extra income.

Lol at your reply standards.
At a certain point don't you think you will be doing $10 jobs when you should be doing $100 jobs If you plan on continuing to play the micros?

I ask because I have a similar plan but I don't intend on staying at the micros.

I have only recently started playing online and just about started being profitable.
My goal for 2019 is to play 6240 4.50 SNGs before moving on but if I build up a big enough roll then I will re-evaluate my plan and adapt.

I.e. when my roll gets to $3000, I will slowly transition to low stakes mtts (7.50 - 22), skipping past the micros. Continuing to play the 4.50s would be doing myself a disservice.

I will stay at That level until I have 130+ buy ins for $33 at which point the lowest tournament I will play will be $11.

I will keep dropping a stake every time I move up one.

No timeline, just as and when it happens but that's the goal.

Conventional is 100bb but I've busted my roll and seen people go broke too many times.

TheMuffier

TheMuffier

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me the key to success has been to play tournaments where I win the respective entry via price games. As stated in the headline, that may sounds strange for some of you but it is true.

Brief background story:

My History teacher at school told me that he regularly participates in price games. As he frequently plays he frequently wins. At least some washing machines each year he stated. I thought then it might be great to adapt this strategy to another area. So I looked for opportunities and found Poker.

For sure the chances of success are quite low but nevertheless it is just time you have to spent. And at least when you have some spare-time. You should consider to look for some nice drawings.

That´s my contribution to your question and I hope I provided some information.

Best of luck and greets

A.B.
Hey man, you should never justify your ideas to people. If it makes sense to you then **** anyone that finds it strange or whatever. Just explain what the idea is if people don't understand but leave it at that. No justification required.

That said, I don't really understand how you apply that to poker.

How does it work with poker?

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At a certain point don't you think you will be doing $10 jobs when you should be doing $100 jobs If you plan on continuing to play the micros?
...I've been playing in the microstakes for over 10 years. lol. I honestly don't care about moving up in stakes when it comes to online poker as I play it for fun and it's just a profitable hobby for me.

I ask because I have a similar plan but I don't intend on staying at the micros.

I have only recently started playing online and just about started being profitable.
My goal for 2019 is to play 6240 4.50 SNGs before moving on but if I build up a big enough roll then I will re-evaluate my plan and adapt.
...That is a very specific number of SNGs.
Above. Good luck on your goals.

W

williamsc99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well I intend to win a wcoop, a sunday million and a sunday storm at least for the next few years

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
I intend to go in may 2019 to Peterburg for 10 days using my poker money.