What is your shove range when you are less than fifteen blinds?

jadaminato

jadaminato

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is the situation that I propose: you are in the bubble, you have less than fifteen blind, maybe only 10, the case is that if you do not do something soon you will not survive, there are 4 or 5 places left for the money and the big stack will steal the blinds mercilessly. What is the lowest pair of cards you would play, assuming there were no raises before you and most likely the big stack will pay you?

I used to play any decent hand in such cases, connectors or even low pairs. But I think that in the long run I have lost my chips more times than I have doubled. Even AQo has cost me several tournaments. And what would you do?

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I'm 10 blind or less I can't afford to wait for premium hands, so I would play the middle and lower range of pocket pairs: 9-9; 8-8; 7-7; 6-6 limp / push.
5-5; 4-4; 3-3; 2-2 limp / push according to the positions.
Stick connectors would play them mostly from 7-8 and down I fold.
Medium suits connectors of type T-9 + limp / call / push, according to the table positions.
Greetings.

Boston10111

Boston10111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on position. UTG with pocket 6s isn’t a great shove as there are 6-9 players you are shoving into that can call you with better. But if you are SB shoving BB pocket 6s is pretty strong cause you’re only doing a heads up instead of multi way pot.

K10 is bad UTG but you can shove with on the button if no else is in the pot.

Also depends on player you’re shoving into. If he’s calling with mediocre hands or worse then my hand doesn’t to need to be a premium hand to play him.

Also even folding 10s is a smart move if you’re in BB and see 5 people entering the pot. There’s too many people for you to likely win.

So the hands I shove with are situational more than the strength preflop