What would you have done?

M

MimiMLZ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Greetings and salutations fellow pokerplayers,

I hope you are having a good good Whitsun!

I just wanted to know how would have you play this hand? Micro buy-in $1

Here is how it goes

I had two jacks preflop. I was UTG+1. I raised 4x bb. The Big blind re raised me. I only called. And then came the flop.

Flop : 10 3 2. The big blind raised the pot. I went all in. He called me. Turn 4 and River 5. He had AQ.

Thank you fellow poker players !

D

donpiatnik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Here is how it goes

I had two jacks preflop. I was UTG+1. I raised 4x bb. The Big blind re raised me. I only called. And then came the flop.

Flop : 10 3 2. The big blind raised the pot. I went all in. He called me. Turn 4 and River 5. He had AQ.

you didn’t tell me all the information, but based on what you wrote, that’s exactly how I would play it. You didn't make a mistake. your opponent will fall a lot in similar situations.

D

donpiatnik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you didn’t tell me all the information, but based on what you wrote, that’s exactly how I would play it. You didn't make a mistake. your opponent will fall a lot in similar situations.
however, if your opponent is barely left blind, it is also understandable to give all in at the end.

F

FuccinALLin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Would of played it exactly how you played it

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you usually raise 4b preflop? Like AK how much do you raise? This should be really either equal sizing or you should mix them. If you raise pocket pair 4-5-6 and AK-AJ like 1-2 then you getting easily exploitable.
Overall some fina play. You cought a donkey unluckily for you he got lucky. Schnikes happen.

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No luck.
At first glance, you might think that the opponent is a fish.
Well, if you think about it, the opponent's game has logic, if he thought that you have AK, AQ, AJ, KQ, then his moves are quite reasonable, with his big bets, he tied himself to the bank and he had only one move, this is an all-in, in this hand not the worst move, two overcards have a good chance of winning.

M

MimiMLZ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The way he played

No luck.
At first glance, you might think that the opponent is a fish.
Well, if you think about it, the opponent's game has logic, if he thought that you have AK, AQ, AJ, KQ, then his moves are quite reasonable, with his big bets, he tied himself to the bank and he had only one move, this is an all-in, in this hand not the worst move, two overcards have a good chance of winning.

I guess the way he played his not was that wrong, indeed he had two overcards to play if we consider that he had a good read on me. But, still, I wonder if I just called the flop and then shoved the turn? What would have been his reaction?

M

MimiMLZ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good read ?

Or may be he had a good read on me and was ready to try to draw his overcards.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
In my opinion, He played wrong not you, I would have probably played the same way as you did, he just got lucky catching a runner, runner straight, sure he had 2 over cards but how could he know you were not holding pocket 10s or even A/K in your hand?
ether would have beaten him, if he had not struck a golden turn and river.

Playing A/A I re-raised a player in a game who was raising with Q/8 of Hearts, I felt his 3x bet was a little too aggressive, when I was holding such a Monster hand, and decided I wanted the pot there and then so I doubled his bet and he called, when the flop put out 2 Hearts on the table he pushed all-in and I called holding the Ace of Hearts, he obviously was on a draw and when the turn and river gave us 2 Clubs I took the pot down and him out of the game.
He said I should never have called his all in, as he was holding a draw, and I only had a pair, but I said "Sorry but I put you on pocket Kings"
Poker is a strange game with some stranger players, lol.

When the fun Stops, STOP!

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Here is how it goes

Hard to say exactly without knowing your reads on the other player, like would he have only done this with an overpair or a set?. His raise was obviously to get you to fold, but this is only obvious when we see the showdown. His play pre has a lot of AA - 10 10 as well as AK, AQ etc. So reads will be kind of important here.

Still, I think you played it fine, as long as you put him on a wide enough range to do this. Then again, micro stakes (no offense intended, this is all I play as well), and taking that into consideration, you played it just fine.

E

emzadii

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
presumably, hero 2bets all-in on the flop because of low SPR, which targets a fold/call from stronger Ax and midpairs. if villain was 3betting and cbetting with AA, KK and QQ specifically, then so be it.

if deep-stacked, though, the flop raise shove is not recommended. JJ is the sort of hand that, while it should be played aggressively post-flop, needs some measure of caution.

regardless, hero just got coolered, ~80% of the time, going to the river with this board, JJ holds. gotta take that risk.

H

Haikala2011

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You did right, most would play the same way.

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i would have probably played the hand the same way as you did. maybe i would have gone all in preflop if i had less than 25 or 20 bb.. if bb is a very tight player folding the re raise might be an option to consider however in micro games i dont see myself folding jacks preflop against only 1 player unless we are both very deep stacked and villain is a tight player.

GNuTTz

GNuTTz

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What to do…

Interesting scenario… I would have jammed it all in on the turn. If you get called on the turn- then so be it.. a would be a super fishy all in call if they only had AQ.

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Can't see anything wrong with the play. Without known stack sizes, blinds etc. He made the mistake, or he was just gambling, i tend to find, it happens a lot in micro-stakes, people just can't let go of their Ace.

Again, i suspect, without known stack-sizes, he thought he has invested too much into the pot, with 3 lower cars to his AQ he is gambling, without too much thought to what you were holding. You made the right play, IMO.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With JJ on the flop, I would call the raise and decide whether to shove or not based on the turn.