• Start date
Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Oddly enough, the answer is one - education. If there are people who regularly make money playing poker, and I can't, then the reason is me. I don't spend enough time studying and analyzing. This is what I think when I lose.

roger perkins

roger perkins

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You go through the streaks all the time. There was a time that I was playing everyday I'm talking about playing live daily tournaments Monday - Thursday and then Multi day every weekend. Sometimes I would play 30 to 40 days in a row. I remember 1 time for about 6 weeks I could have played blindfolded I was either winning or finishing in the top 3 in the dailies and finishing in the money about every other multiday tournament. But I also remember a 4 month period of maybe finishing in the money once or twice. I have found when the bad times hit is is very important to assess your game. Why are things going bad and often it was something I was doing wrong.

fa1920

fa1920

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What I normally do (because I have a different philosophy from the professionals, who believe in increasing volume to balance the variance) is to clear my head and dedicate myself to doing other things. And then when I feel like playing, I try my luck again

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
When running great play as long of sessions as you can possibly play. When running not so great, keep sessions shorter and direct your focus on studying and improving your game.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Here, in this situation that most of us go through, it is that frustration appears and it is like a wall that is difficult to cross! I went through these rounds many times and approached the problem differently, many times I failed to get good results after taking breaks of 8-15 days, the game was the same, most of the time it helped me to change the style of game!

RENEY444

RENEY444

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ive been doing badly in the new cardschat freerolls for US players . cant seem to do anything right . gave up for now

rastapapolos

rastapapolos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
Lower the limits and continue to play, as you play more and more you'll overcome this card dead period. It's just math, there gonna be periods where you're running good and you hit all your draws, you win your coin flips ...etc and the opposite of that. Be patient and good luck.

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just relax, luck will return again, you just have to wait.:)

INISHTE

INISHTE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
To achieve those results, you have something good, friend, what I would do is take 1 day off or whatever I need and try to win some money in the Freerolls, the variance is sometimes hard, but you have to be constant.

fryderyk

fryderyk

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
If you already play everyday and it's not going very satisfying then you need to take a break, the sooner the better. If you take a break for a day or a few days, your head will rest and the game will go better.

J

JCSmith

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you already play everyday and it's not going very satisfying then you need to take a break, the sooner the better. If you take a break for a day or a few days, your head will rest and the game will go better.
Imo this is some of the best advice in the thread. Sometimes you need time to recharge.

katifanko

katifanko

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Take several days off, a week or a couple of weeks - even better! It happens to me sometimes too, you are not alone in this ;))

spunka

spunka

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You really have to look at poker as a long term game.... due to the variance, if you have to deposit a lot, then move down in buy-in. Try to see poker in between a 3 month or a year span, depending on how much you play pr. week.