What would you do

P

psuedosuited

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Early on in MTT you flop top flop pair and open ender in multi way pot which was raised 4x BB. You bet medium sized into 3 others players and player directly to left goes all in? Call? Fold? I folded but seemed like medium pair and same open ender...

Acesinthebig

Acesinthebig

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sounds like you were getting the right numbers to make a call.

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
Top flop pair might be 10, 10 or JJ so you will be in bad shape against many hands, unless I misunderstood, I will Fold! :hmmmm2:

5pAce_C0wb0y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Without more details on the hand it's hard to know. What were you holding and what was the flop?

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well lets say you had JTo and the flop was Jh9s8s and you assigned a range of 22+ ATo+ A2s+ and the broadway combos suited and unsuited. Your hand has 63% equity against that range. When the flop comes they're not continuing with if we take those ranges down to hands containing a Jack, flush draws and 88+ you're still have 55%. Take out the flush draws you have 44%. It's all going to depend on the range villain is on and the pot odds

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
Hello
I would have folded too.
Any all in call according to me should be a sure shot confident call.
Absolutely no doubts should be there.
If in doubt always fold.
Its just my opinion, maybe I am wrong.
Thanks
Manoj
Bluffzone68

P

psuedosuited

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the input i think i made correct fold

T

tmfnsanders

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Without more details on the hand it's hard to know. What were you holding and what was the flop?

This... you left out so much needed information. Buyin, stack sizes, your cards, who raised 4x, positions, the flop, was it only one person shoving after you bet, did the other ones fold are do they act behind you, was the shover the same person that opened for 4x?

Mathematically it might be a call, as you have to have tremendous equity vs anything and 4x in micros (just a hunch) is sometimes indicitve of a big pair and the way the flop plays out certainly does as well. This leaves you with 13 clean outs if it's a low board and their overpair doesn't have straight draws to go with it. If anyone else comes along I would say it's definitely a call.