duqnuk

duqnuk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I'm a intermediate poker player and I'm looking for advice about a good sized tourney or sit'n'go to play. Nothing to big because my bankroll is short and perhaps not to small so I can grow my bankroll.
Any response will be welcome!

Thanks!

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Experience has shown that a bankroll of 100 buy-ins best balances your interests in increasing income and reducing the risk of bankruptcy. Don't play a tournament if you don't have 100 buy-ins for it. Never invest more than 1% of your bankroll in a tournament."Dispersion is a measure that describes the deviation (more precisely, the random deviation) of an indicator.“Translating this to poker tournaments, variance means that things don't always go the way they're supposed to. In some tournaments you will be very lucky. The cards, as if bewitched, will fall only in your favor, and the opponent's chips will only move in your direction.Poker rooms now offer a very wide selection of various tournaments. The time difference between the new tournaments is only a few minutes. But not all tournaments are the same. In addition to the most popular "Freezeout" and "Turbo" formats, pay special attention to "rebuy" tournaments, which are much more expensive than they might seem at first glance, due to the possibility of rebuys (rebuys).

julio gonzalez

julio gonzalez

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello I started without depositing playing on PS. and there I entered CC when I got to that bank. I played the tosneo with a bounty of 0.55 and 1.10 I think they are the best. And I recommend them to you. I still play them. Today the highest I ever played are the $11

runson

runson

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bounty builders are good. Big chance to get buy in back.

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Like Nafor stated, definitely only $0.5 games max.
Gain till $150 you will have more moves then like playing $3 SNGs, but no MTTs.
And this is aggressive enough about your bankroll management

mtl mile end

mtl mile end

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Here is the CC guide to bankroll management:

It used to be on the toolbar at the top of every page. It just took me ten minutes to find it.

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
If advice was good, i wouldn't, i'd sell it. But come on, $50 I would play tournaments of no more than 0.50c, has many tournaments from 0.01c up 0.50c to play, and also Freeroll, try to play more Freerolls, you will be able to increase your Bankroll

J

James2023

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
.50 cents... but if you play freerolls and just use your bankroll to buy the addons.... It will help you decrease your odds of losing on pokerstars.

I would recommend playing on 888 though their great for someone with a low bankroll... They also have the most 1 to 10 cent games and they offer great promotions for just signing up. 888's a pretty enjoyable site to play on. I like the leveling system the most... kinda feels like a old vintage video game. I would strongly recommend signing up. Heres a link for anyone whose interested in recieving an extra reward it also helps me too. Hope this information helps.

www.888poker.com/poker-promotions/invite-a-friend/poker-invite-a-friend.htm?anid=iaf_ridethelight&sr=1727449

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I play at poker stars. In general I play the Hot of 0.55, the Bounty or Ko of 1.10 and a deep stack of 2.20. As the bankroll grows, some bigger game, especially those on Sundays. From now on I don't miss Cardschat freerolls. Regards:):):)

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to play with a bankroll of at least 100x buy in, but I don't think $0.50 MTT's very interesting. I probably would keep playing freerolls and a couple of $1 buy in tournaments.

Acechador

Acechador

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
If you already have experience and what you are looking for is to improve your level and win prizes... I think with that banck roll you could play in tournaments between USD3.5 and USD7.00 buy-in ticket

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm a intermediate poker player and I'm looking for advice about a good sized tourney or sit'n'go to play. Nothing to big because my bankroll is short and perhaps not to small so I can grow my bankroll.
With only 50$ I would stay away from MTTs and focus on SnGs to get more volume and limit variance. I think, 1$ SnGs are completely fine with a 50$ bankroll. Yes its a little aggressive, but games are very soft at this level, and as you say, you want to get that bankroll growing without spending month and years playing penny games. For that reason also consider, if its possible to add to the bankroll later. Even just another 50$ will speed up the process and allow you to reach a real bankroll like a 4-figure amount faster.

Skot_Gy

Skot_Gy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Freerols or micro tournaments would be the safe route...

Mimo..Mach

Mimo..Mach

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
$50 would be perfect! With that amount you can start playing tournaments with buy-ins of $1 or less. Play satellite tournaments that offer entry to good tournaments! It is a good way to start and get good experiences and of course, good profits with a minimum risk of loss.

F

Fushicho

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
100th. $50 = 5 cents. Simple. If you can get to $100 then go to 10 cents. I only play small amounts cos I'm playing for fun and playing for money is the only way to get a proper game. So if you make $100 into £200, I'd carry on playing 10 cents games.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Any response will be welcome!

Thanks!
With such a bankroll, I wouldn't spend more than 3% per game session. That is, I would play in tournaments for 50 cents, namely three such tournaments per day.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
micro-limits are just for you free tournaments and everything related to this play with your own money tournaments at 0.25 0.50 no more expensive you can quickly lose money and don't play cash games there you'll also lose quickly better play tournaments

Sash_XXL

Sash_XXL

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
if i were you i would try to build my bankroll with freerolls. later you can play small buy-ins I would use a maximum of 1% of my bankroll. if you have enough bankroll you go up in buy-ins, if you lose you go down in buy ins.

Good luck to you :)

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management