What are the worst hands you play with?

Boston10111

Boston10111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Players that are tight I know play more premium hands like AK, AQ, 10-10, while looser players can call suited connectors or just lower cards in general like 5-8s, or even 7-2.

What are the worst hands you play with and why?

For me I’m willing to call anyhand but it depends on the situation and postition.

If I only have to put 5% of the pot because there are many players at the table I’ll even call 7-2.

Because even 72 can win a big pot.

But I won’t play it if I’m UTG or people are doing raises because statistically I’m not going to win this hand.

Trying to steal the blinds against tight players is another example of when I might play it, but not if I only have 20 blinds.

It would be more along the lines of having maybe 50 blinds.

Just depends on the situation I guess.

What’s the worst hand you are willing to play?

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It really does depend on the situation. Against the right player I can and will raise 32s and 72o. but the times I have done that are very far and very extreme times. Normally some lower suited connectors are my worst hands

Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I like this hands :5d4::5d4:, :as4::4s4:, :9d4::8d4:

can be considered medium hands, not too weak

but in sb or bb, regularly keeps you with something like

:5d4::5d4: 3 of a kind happens so many times with me in the flop, i play almost every time with that hand in small blind or big blind, even someone raises pre flop

:9d4::8d4: is very good to straights too

any :as4: low is good to scary people on the flop with big stack

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are no bad hands.....only bad flops....and bad rivers...lol

Good luck !

JOINMYTABLE

JOINMYTABLE

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It absolutely depends on situation.

B

bigpappa325

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
10,8 and q.10 seems to be attractive for some reason. I dont win much with them but i cant resist. sometimes crippling.:fight:

BobbyMorton

BobbyMorton

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Each situation is different and that depends on the hands I would play.:):):)

N

nameless1537

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It highly depends on position and what I’m seeing at the table. The tighter the table, the more often I would raise. Likewise, if I’m in late position, I’m willing to bet or raise (on limpets) with low pairs or low suited connectors or gappers. Again, only in a tight table. With a loose table, and especially with maniacs, I would probably tighten up and only go in with more premium hands, and range is highly dependant on position.

Boston10111

Boston10111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are no bad hands.....only bad flops....and bad rivers...lol

Good luck !

One of my favorite players to watch on YouTube is daniel negreanu. He plays any hand and is soo good at reading others it’s ridiculous.

That’s how I know this statement is true lol

Igorek1313

Igorek1313

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
22,27,37, 49, 59 I think these hands are hopeless !!!:boring:

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You're almost always better sticking to the better cards, IF you're getting them. Sometimes the situation warrants playing just about anything. I will definitely play 72o if my plan is to set up a big bluff. Since I know I don't have a chance of wining with my cards, I can easily pull out at any time if things start to go sideways.

jadaminato

jadaminato

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As everyone says, it depends on the situation. If I am on the button or in the small blind and nobody raised or call, I don't care about my cards, or even in half positions if the table is very passive or near the bubble and I have a large stack. But I think it is always better to limit the number of garbage hands that one plays. You can save yourself bad times.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would play any hand but the lesser hands would play more in position. Usually my style is tight but when the opportunity presents itself playing loose has to be a priority to to get ahead in the tournament.

ayahuasca

ayahuasca

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends, for me low ones like 27, 38, 49 etc. are the worst. But even with 72 you can bluff and win many chips.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
72s will be the worst hand I will choose to play nowadays , rarely , in position , and when I hit on the flop/board , it's very hilarious :) I didn't use to play weak hands , but I have to try and adjust to others' habits , imitate them and try win pots with s^%$ hands .I still have very much to learn what hands to play when etc . Replays and live games streams help see what weak hands to choose , it's usefull :)

Y

yoejslattery

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sure, you can play anything depending on position. However, I find with lower cards even suited connecters and the like, when you hit the hand you can't get a lot of value because it doesn't connect with what other people are playing. Also, I feel that the big pots come when the draws come in which means that many times you are forced to chase and lose a lot in other spots.

kowrip

kowrip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are very few situations where I play the absolute worst hands like 72o:

- I'm in the BB and can see a flop for no additional investment
- I have been card dead for a long time and can get other players to believe that I finally picked up a monster hand
- I'm getting good pot odds due to many limpers/callers

For other hands, it obviously depends on the situation. If I want to play a little bit looser, I find it better to just add in more speculative hands like suited connectors/1 gappers and small pairs. That works out better for me than deciding to just play any random trash.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Think this is stack dependent, If you have 6 bbs in the sb and its just you and the bb you can shove any 2 happily.

edenman1

edenman1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually play high percentage hands, but I like the K5 and A8, they do well :)

G

Guernica1974

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
depends on when in tournament

in general i try fish a bit in the beginning of thectournament when blinds are small like less than 1/100 times my stack - really can play anything also other players dont expect you to have full house on 2 7 7 on the flop😀

later it may depend on stack and position - steal blinds maybe if it been around a rounds and i am sitting on button or 1-2 spots earlier but never with the aim to actually play the hand

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There’s no bad hands, only bad players

aGreen

aGreen

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Got A2-3-4 in bad position - easy fold, just with very good stack.

D

Dj_demain_matin

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
There is no such thing as a bad hands , just gotta know when to hold them and when to fold them .

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands