With what stack you start all in or nothing

G

Gusborgs22

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
With what stack do you start playing All in or nothing?
I mean, stop 3bet and starts going all in when facing raises

H

Houdini9

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is no hard & fast rule in MTT depending on Bubble, FT, Remaining Rebuy's, etc.

However, if you are looking for a general rule then use 10BB as your watermark.

Your next questions should be: "With what hands?" "What Positions?" This gets complicated, but if you know enough to not waste your time limping and 2x raising with <10BB then you should see some deeper results more often.

Remember - you still need to win your races.

GL GL,

HOUDINI9

G

Gusborgs22

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
There is no hard & fast rule in MTT depending on Bubble, FT, Remaining Rebuy's, etc.

However, if you are looking for a general rule then use 10BB as your watermark.

Your next questions should be: "With what hands?" "What Positions?" This gets complicated, but if you know enough to not waste your time limping and 2x raising with <10BB then you should see some deeper results more often.

Remember - you still need to win your races.

GL GL,

HOUDINI9

Thank you for the answer!
The hands i actually know
I was confused about the stack. You think that 20bb stacks still good for 3betting?
I think that with this stack when you 3bet the pot will be 8-10bbs and you will be pot comimtted

G

Gusborgs22

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I started thinking about it today after a bad bead, botton raises, SB folds, i was on BB with 20bb and shoves with AQs and he hits a 9, he had A9o, 130 players to the prize pool (1100 players registrated) then i started to think if the right thing was a 3bet

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its rare, that I will do anything other than fold or jam, if I am facing an open raise with less then 20BB effective. The issue with calling in this situation is, that now someone behind can put you all in, and this is always much worth than being the one pushing and having fold equity.

If I am defending my big blind, its a very different story though. Then it can still make a lot of sense to call especially min-raises and see a flop, before deciding to go with your hand, even if you only have say 7-10BB, and sometimes even less than that as well. There is no point in pushing preflop in that particular situation, if in reality you are going to have no fold equity.

Mityamoriss

Mityamoriss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I’m around 10BB stack I usually shove,but not with any given hand

R

rachelle2291

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think for first entry into pot then about 12 BB seems about right for shove rather than 3x raise for example. But if someone has raised before you then it is probably best to shove with about 15BB or less although with some hands and stage of tourney it might be best to just call and see flop with that size stack.

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think, very good situation when you play push all in from the side of your power, because the chips and the position at the table allows you to do it. If you are talking about a situation where there is no choice at all, it is when you have 5-7 big blinds. In both of these situations, you must know your opponents very well and choose the right opponent to play aggressively against (or to put all in to survive).

H

Houdini9

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you for the answer!
The hands i actually know
I was confused about the stack. You think that 20bb stacks still good for 3betting?
I think that with this stack when you 3bet the pot will be 8-10bbs and you will be pot comimtted

This is true, so in this situation with 20bb remember, you don't need to be risking your whole stack with a shove, you can still elicit action for greater value postflop with 20bb's. However, 3 Betting might not be a tool you can use. If you lose the pot here, then you can still raise preflop next hand and fold if you get pushed on and STILL have room now to pivot back to Push Fold mode. Middle MTT is EXTREMELY Fluid.

Also, fwiw - you don't have to wait until your stack crosses that 10bb threshold to start P/F - Antes will cut your stack just as fast as blinds if you wait too long. The point here, imo, is to prevent being crippled by too short of stack and maintain some fold equity to get you back in the game or win a race - you want to be getting a min of 2:1 on any SHOVE.

GL GL,

HOUDINI9

perrypip

perrypip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I started thinking about it today after a bad bead, botton raises, SB folds, i was on BB with 20bb and shoves with AQs and he hits a 9, he had A9o, 130 players to the prize pool (1100 players registrated) then i started to think if the right thing was a 3bet

With 20BB how much are you going to 3 bet? You're going to be risking half your stack you might as well shove. Generally, If I am going to be 3 betting more than 25% of my stack I will shove because I won't have enough to play after the flop. You just got unlucky.

Edgerik

Edgerik

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
At the beginning and in the middle of the tournament with 15BB or less, you already have to consider going all in with good hands to try to increase the chips for the final part of the tournament.