What range is best to play near bubble?

S

stevyo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I lose with a pair of aces, and this is not a one time only, so i don't know anymore...

C

cheeeer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why not to fold? Or to play if your opponent has much shorter stack than you. Or to play against very tight player and fold if he raises.

shane4050

shane4050

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on what you want to achieve, ask yourself am i aiming for volume and min cash or do i want to double up with this monster and give myself a shot of climbing the ladder to the final table or a better pa. Alot of the times your bankroll will come into play and make the decision for you so best to stick to the games you are properly rolled for to make the easy calls.

B

bstest

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you're on the bubble, keep you eye on your nearest chipcount opponents. You gotta pull the trigger when the odds are in your favor.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would say depends on how close you are to the chip count of the one on the bubble currently. If you are behind of course you need to look for spots to gain chips. If way ahead you can play aggressively to punish others. I think your question is about times when your chips are close to the bubble total. In those cases it really matters on what you are looking to do meaning will you be satisfied with a min cash? If so, and nothing wrong with being that way, then play pretty snug until the bubble bursts. However, even if I was playing snug and nitting sweaters, there is no way I would fold aces unless we are talking a satellite and I would have to be away from the bubble chip count to fold them.

When you have aces play them and don't fold them. Too positive EV to play them.

B

Blue22

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I lose with a pair of aces, and this is not a one time only, so i don't know anymore...
I can't believe how often that happens ... I guess it's not just me.:mad:

KRANKES

KRANKES

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can't believe how often that happens ... I guess it's not just me.:mad:
Hard decision on the bubble, but I take the risk 99 times out of 100. Maybe in an high prize tourney where I satted in, I might fold to mincash...

perrypip

perrypip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I continue to take risks. My goal it to get to the final table and the bigger money instead of a mincash. I take advantage of others who are tightening up stealing pots from them.

S

ShawanG

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Aces and Kings I am not folding at all anytime they just way to monster of a hand to fold.
And regarding bubble range of hand as a whole its depends upon your stack size, your current placing at the tourney and the stack sizes of people with with the immediate risk of bubble. Plus whether your goal is to min cash or win the tourney. I my opinion min cashing should never be our goal at all.

D

donpiatnik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on the amount of chips you have. But I reassure you AA is in it all ... :) It happens, but it has to be pushed in

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Thank you for posting

Your question seems to be how do I not lose with AA near the bubble. The answer is AA wins 80% of the time all-in preflop so you are going to lose with it.

When playing tournaments we are focused on getting to the top three spots so if we can go all-in preflop with AA then we always do that. We will lose some of the time but the overall benefit comes from always doing it.

Their are 2 exceptions to the above

1 You are near the bubble of a satellite
2 The min cash is huge compared to our bankroll

If you are asking how to not lose on the bubble with AA postflop then that is all about postflop skills

Hope this helps

:):)

G

Gusborgs22

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

It depends, you want to get into the final table or get ITM?
If you are trying to get ITM just wait for AA and KK, dont shove AK (if someone calls with QT, JQ, 56, 78. 9T they have 40% chance to win. With TT, JJ, 99, they have 50%, so dont worth the risk)
If you are trying to win the tournament you can play AK, QQ AQ JJ ...doing min raises. But you have to know that some players at this stage only plays KK QQ AK, so be careful
Bubble is a great time for steal blinds and bluf, at this stage you see eveyone folding
Just after the bubble is a great time to fold, there is a lot of players that was just waiting for the bubble to go all in with any hand

Z

Zirkzee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You also have to look at your opponent's stacks of chips. If you are a short stack you have to play more cautiously and sometimes fold strong hands as you earn more money on average with a fold. The ICM says that you have to have a higher equity in the bubble that a call is worthwhile. You can't just go for the pot odds here. But the ICM also says that you can put the smaller stacks under pressure with a larger stack. For example, if you are in the small blind and you have a larger stack of chips than the big blind, you almost always have to put all in with any two. In this situation you have a high fold equity because your opponent will only play the best 10% of all hands. Against this hand range you have an equity of 25% even with 32o if he really calls. And even if you lose, you will still be in the tournament.

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I always try to be very careful when I am close to the bubble, many times I even fold premium hands because the same thing has happened to me as many with AA, but depending on the players at the table and how they are played, I can take a risk with certain cards, I don't know, many times it depends on what I see and my intuition

learningnewf

learningnewf

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Thx

Great points will try and use them thank you kindly!!

kirkham69er

kirkham69er

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends how well im stacked and the types of players i am against... if to my left its a pair of tight nits im raising pretty much anything .. got to ramp up that pressure, on the knowledge most wont want to risk being the bubble...

Luca Santos

Luca Santos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Without further information, such as the number of chips, the question is meaningless.

S

smk77

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As most people have stated, your question is way to vague. So it makes it difficult to answer with the info given.

The situation will be very different depending on your stack, position at the table, stacks of people at the table and, maybe the most important, how the players at your table are playing.

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it all depends on your stack.If it is large, then you can expand the range because to burst the bubble, you need good calls.well, you probably have been in a situation where your stack is small, then in this situation you should wait and, if necessary, throw off the monster because this is a game and sometimes a small pair can become a monster on the flop and chase you.

R

rapione98

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it depends on the stacks and how the table is formed and how the players are and play.

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
for me it depends on what kind of tournament it is . if the first money after bubble is a lot higher than the buy in then i will fold as much as i can until bubble is over . otherwise i will push with any pocket pair 99 and over and maybe + AQs . AK . when i am short stacked that is

CriesuaID

CriesuaID

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As always, your stack is relevant to make decisions. If you stack is big, you can use a wide range and force your low stack opponents to fold. Otherwise, you can simply fold anything that isn't one of the top hands.
Also, is important to analyze your opponents.

M

MickGreed

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea happens to me alot monster hands right at the bubble, lol and low points, sometimes I just fold an watch what I could have had.

Adi8877

Adi8877

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Don't worry, - or worry, but you can't do anything with that annoying set up, as I am sure it is.

just the last 10-15 times when I was in tourney FT bubble - 3-50K gtd ones, so the bloody variance, and choosing right cards would be really relevant and important, but not in online poker. I lost only 1 when I had 20% chance.... play only AKs and QQ, KK, AA....
Most of the times 80-20, 75-25 for me.... and I am still out, last 2 times KK vs 44 and KK vs 1010...

Doesn't matter which site you play, it looks like for me, as a set up by the companies in the RNG, if you have enough chips, I mean you are in the 3-6 position (at least 1.5 times the average stack), so you can reach FT, fold everything - yes AKs, QQ,KK,AA as well - against the higher stack players.... play only against sort stacks.

The KK vs 1010 was on a 50K gtd, 17 players left from the 3K, he was chipleader I was 3rd.... it was like 3-6K winning or 200 bucks... and I had 80-20%.... fold everything, even better the sure 1.5-3K than the 200.... unfortunately, often I can't do either, even, I know how it works. Be sure, it is not coincidence, variance or anything crap what they spread, use to cover it.... spent weeks, watching the most profitable online players on my level in the rooms, when they played, how can they be so profitable, when really often playing without odds... focus for the online, so you don't only have to beat the opponents, but the company, and the software setup, too...

Good luck!