What must you do when u keep getting rags

peaceofcoke

peaceofcoke

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi, everyone had this situation I believe, over 30 hands in a tournament with nothing but rags, in this case, what ur strategy be?

C

CSLysander

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am used to it. I play my hands when I get good ones and deal with the drought. It can be a pain, but it happens. If you have a hand worth trying, play it. If you do not, don't. If you blind out, it happens. Sometimes you can bluff your way to a win, but you need to pick your spots and the right people to try it.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is no strategy for being card dead, and what happened in previous hands is not relevant to, how your current hand should be played. The only exception is, if you think, a tight table image has been created, in which case you can open up your range a bit. However in online micro and low stakes games table image is often an illusion, since your opponents are either multitabling or multitasking, while they play. Or they are complete beginners, who are unable to focus on anything but their own cards (level 1 thinkers). So in most situations the only thing, you can do, is to continue to fold, until you get a playable hand.

gena31

gena31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
wait for good cards to come, and even if they did come and you still lose, then it’s not your day :(. there is nothing you can’t do here :(

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bad cards are common for a long time in a tournament, and then when a strong hand comes, often some 75 of you are run over, this is also common. This is online poker, you have a choice to play or not. the most important thing in such moments is not to overestimate your hand and not to rush to risk your participation in the tournament.

A

andrezito38

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I particularly try to wait to be in a cutoff, button, to try to steal at least the blinds, but if I encounter some resistance, I hang up and wait for a more decent hand.
I only take chances in final positions.

V

valanddon

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Play small buy in tournaments to get rid of your line of rags hands.
Your luck will change, then go back bigger buy ins.

V

valetgll

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'll try to steal the blinds or bluff at the right moment. Otherwise, my stack will shrink to a small size and there will be nothing to play.

B

bonart

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nothing you can do about being card dead.
Except have a reasonable bank roll and play the buy in tournaments that your bank roll management allows.

For example, I only lined up to play 4 tournaments last evening as I was having poor results the day before. Just made the money in 2 of the 4 tournaments, and in the last one, I made 4th place which paid $80 plus. So considered a good day's work.

Played 6 games so far today, just got into the money twice and busted out the rest. So poor day today again with rags all day long. Might call it a night and try again tomorrow.