What i need ??

stepper

stepper

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, I would like to ask what I can or should I do, recently I played a few tournaments in which I did not win anything, for an hour I did not get any good cards of the same type 7 3 7 2 9 2 10 3 .. the best I had was J 9 .. I was eaten by the blinds .. should I let go for a few days? Do you play with cards like I would have A K in my hand and bluff each hand? :mad:

E

elpolloloco95

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its not just the Cards that you receive its also the Position and the Type of Tournament you Play... maybe Play some deeper tournaments ?
Its hard to fold over and over again for 20 mins or more but that needs to be done to reach the bubble

B

Badday94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In this situation what you can do is take advantage of your position. If you are the dealer or SB and nobody called yet or just one, and you have say 10 9 or 8 9 or some connectors, you should consider going all in. Most likely the BB will fold and you get yourself some chips to survive longer and eventually get a good hand. It's a big risk, but so is waiting and waiting for that premium hand that may never come or will come but the flop is bad. Some risks have to be taken but as I said it depends on the situation, on position and of how many are in the hand.

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I take a break in such a situation. It is better to relax and go for a walk, at least it will save your money.

pitoplay

pitoplay

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Build bluff cards into your range and play from position as if you were holding AK or high pairs in hand

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Do you know what hands to open raise from each position?
I mean than never happened to me. Ok some times all of us are card dead but you are talking here about many tournaments.
You can't play in the later positions the hands you would play in an early position. The later the position the wider the range you should open raise profitably!

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I take a break in such a situation. It is better to relax and go for a walk, at least it will save your money.

Stop playing in the middle of a tournament is not a good idea :D

K

karl coakley

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the problem is your range.

I NEVER have played a tournament online for an hour and not played a hand. The game is so fast, you get so many cards. 1 gappers, connecting cards, suited connectors, 2 face cards, or simply give me the button and someone is getting a raise with any 2 cards.

You are WAAAAAY too tight and I would suggest you play around with a poker calculator to see how close hands really are.

A

azgeda

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the issue is the range. Try sitting out for a minute or so, then come back and see if that helps.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most of all you need to understand, that nobody are cashing in every tournament, they play. An MTT typically play something like 1 out of 7 entries, so fundamentally you can only expect to cash in 1 out of 7 or maybe a little more, if you are a winning player.

And it does not really matter, why you did not cash. Sometimes we are card dead. Sometimes we miss all the flops, and our opponents wont give up. Sometimes we get drawn out on, and when we are drawing, we brick. Sometimes we lose "flips" like AQ against JJ all in preflop. Sometimes we get coolered. Picking up AK is of little use, if you run it into AA.

All of this is part of variance and the only way to overcome variance is to play a lot and continue to make good decisions. And I mean really a lot. For MTT players 1.000 tournaments is still a fairly small sample, especially if you play in large fields.

So should you take a break? If you are tilted, yes sure. Its never a good idea to play on tilt. But try to work on your expectations and consider, how irrational that tilt actually is. If you really want to success in poker, you cant afford having to take breaks, every time you encounter just a small amount of bad luck. Because that will absolutely happen all the time :)

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
This is poker and this sometimes happens, for example, yesterday I was given an excellent card (AK, AQ, 77-JJ) but at the same time there was no coincidence on the flop)))

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
As frustrating as it is becoming card-dead and having to watch the game isn't necessarily a bad thing. Players will fall by the wayside moving you up the tournament ladder closer to the $. We can also use this time to study other players and figure out who you can shove on or bluff.

B

bobor19871987

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bobor19871987

in this case, you need to give all in and no need to get upset about the bad card:):):):)

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Stop playing in the middle of a tournament is not a good idea :D

Why stop the game in the middle of the tournament?
You can stop and take a break after the tournament. :D

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
variance is cruel and having a premium hand won't bore you losing with it? just play more tournaments - it will smooth out the variance!

D

donpiatnik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Even if your cards layout is bad, it is a mistake to throw everything away. You need to be in a good position for a little activity ... you shouldn't feed yourself with the blinds.Under 15 blinds, make a punch with well-combined cards, against those who are very suspicious of throwing without big cards!

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
this situation very often happens at the table and you can not sit and wait only for a strong hand. You need to start playing with an average hand or use a bluff, this is necessary, because the blinds are increasing and the opponents will analyze your game. When you only get a good hand, you won't be able to play it well and get chips.. Do not be afraid to play with a bad hand, but remember this when you go into the pot, and do not make stupid bets on the flop, turn, if you do not have anything.. bluffing is possible, but against certain players and when you have the opportunity to do so.. This is very difficult and requires a lot of experience in the game and a good understanding of the situation at the table.

Alekxandrovi3

Alekxandrovi3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have a good reputation for bluffing.

D

DIANTA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. From my side - play more tournaments in the right way and you will reach money.
GL.

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In such a situation, it is appropriate to say no to the suit (hit the mouth).(just kidding).We take a break from the game in order not to lose all your bankroll.Play responsibly that's what everyone says!

CBETKA

CBETKA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Patience and waiting for the best hand with the use of bluff in some cases. Do not get overexcited and do not fall into the abyss.