demibar

demibar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Let's say, you have finished in good place on a tournament spending 3hours at least.Personally i always thinking should I play that one again which was successful or should I move on to something different?so what do you choose new ones or the ones you have played?

FlamengoBR

FlamengoBR

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After winning a good prize I don't take risks again.I simply don't play.I turn the computer off and go to the arms of my boyfriend.

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Let's say, you have finished in good place on a tournament spending 3hours at least.Personally i always thinking should I play that one again which was successful or should I move on to something different?so what do you choose new ones or the ones you have played?
hi hi
i find that i do well in certain regular events and do abysmal in some others. Some regular MTT i have won and be on final tables often
yet another regular event i have yet to last to level 2 *sighs*

why you think that is? psychological? isn't really a rational explain for this phenomena

ReoRekop

ReoRekop

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you're on the right track, you do not change I would continue

C

capt red

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hello

spending more time in tournaments, it different than what i'm used too. for me, better bankrool management.

R

RiverKing422

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I mix mine up, I play 1.10 tournaments all the way up to 109.00 tournaments. Here's the difference, when you play little tournaments most people don't care to lose a dollar or couple dollars they move in with nonsense/ or play looser so it's easier to profit from these. The bad part is you can play awesome poker in these tournaments and still lose when you have AA and some donk goes all in to eliminate you with j9 or some other garbage. It'll happen, but if you can get past the late registration I think you'll be fine. Now as for the bigger tournaments, the players there are very tight, yes there are loose players/fish/donks etc in there but for the most part they play solid You'll see the donks/fish they'll be the ones raising with Jack crap and rebuying every five minutes lol. Anyways if you play in these always have your A+ game on. These bigger tournaments are what will make you a better player cause more people play solider, wiser, so you'll have great compition. There's a lot of benefits to these tournaments as well. For example: if you buy in a 1.10 100gtd you'll have probably 100+ people in the tournament, but play in a 33.00 or 55.00 tournament and you'll have 25-35 players. Cause a lot of people don't want to risk higher amounts of money they'd rather play in 20 1.10 tournaments then one big one. So I guess what it boils down to, is you have to play in what you feel comfortable in, if you win a 5.50 tournament and feel comfortable playing it again go for it, wanna play higher...well you can, and that'll test your skills Even more. Just follow your gut instinct, your first instinct is always your right one 75% of the time. Good luck on the felt!!

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually, I play 2-3 hours a day. After the tournament, I prefer to go to rest rather than continue playing again. In my opinion, it is important to always keep concentration.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would continue with the format where I am having good performances there is no reason to change when everything is fine

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
after 3 hours of playing in a tournament, if I get a prize, I no longer play, I no longer have the strength to play in other tournaments.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I choose the tournaments in which I play and in which I sometimes win and which I like, if the tournaments pass then I play cash games, I don’t like to play in many tournaments because of the large number of players because I need to play for a very long time and not the fact that I can get into the prize zone, if in tournaments there are up to 2000 thousand players, then I can play in such a tournament, but if there are 5000 and more players in the tournament, then I play but very rarely!

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it is advisable to always play in the same format. because each format is different and it is necessary to train and prepare to play in a different context. we can make a profit in the short term thanks to the variance but in the long term. we will always be adventurous when we play against opponents who better master this style of games (espresso or cash game).

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I prefer tournaments and usually the game lasts 3-4 hours. After that, I prefer resting.

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
It depends on your stack if you believe these to the next level forward then and success ...

G

GrannySmit77

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Choose the format that works for you. If you make deep runs, continue playin tournament poker. If you want to be able to leave whenever you want, you can try cash games. Trial and error.

W

witfighter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I get overzelous and join like 3 more tourny at once lol.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I play poker no more than 3-4 hours a day. If I play more than 4 hours, I start making mistakes, because then I do not have enough patience.
Good luck.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can not play at my maximum for more than 4 hours so if i win such long (for my standards) tournament i will not play more for the night. Regarding the selection of games - i think that in the beginning people should test few different times compatible with good bankroll management rules and see what works best for them. After knowing what is best for me i usually stick mainly to it with some occasional tests of other game types.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I play almost all the kinds of tournaments and the cash games. I usually focus on tournaments and for a specific period of time, I play 2-3 kinds of buy ins, like regular micro and turbo micro. The intetion is to get in to higher and higher buy ins!

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I managed to win a good prize in an expensive tournament, then I no longer play this tournament. But this rule does not apply to small tournaments and sit and go.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
After the successful completion of the tournament, I think you need to relax and no longer play. In general, I know in advance how many tournaments I will play today, regardless of the result.
But I, of course, can play dozens of spin-and-go, if I feel that I still have enough strength and patience for an adequate game.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
in my opinion, you must continue to hone your skills in the tournaments that you like and that bring profit !!!

U

underdog140

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find its best to find a tournament you routinely do good in and stick to playing that one when time allows.

I

Igrok1385385

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a few tournaments that I like and comfortable to me at the time and I play. And they added some new, there are many proposals. There are tournaments in which I have participated once and I do not play more - I do not come

K

Kadgaron

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After a long game, I rest to concentrate on the next one.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If I managed to take a good place in the tournament, I usually stop playing this day. In my opinion, a good rest will bring more benefits to me.

Top 10 Games