What to do when you are short stacked in the final table bubble?

Erik moraes

Erik moraes

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wait for someone to fall or go all in?

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
wait for someone to fall or go all in?

"It depends"

An impossible question for me to answer unless you provide many details/ factors of the exact situation. Poker is not a black & white/ yes - no answer

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play push fold, plus for the tournament I have accumulated information about my opponents that I use during the final table.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would shove with any hand at least Q7 because at some point waiting for someone to bust may not happen. If it meant to be a winner it will happen and if not, keep the grind happening.

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
it all depends on what I have for a hand and how the table is playing. I'm always looking for a double up.

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With a short stack, I prefer to play the push/fold. The main thing here is to avoid unnecessary risks and wait for a premium hand. But in this situation, you should also understand, that you can not let the blinds go through you. Depending on the opponents' game, it's better to put all-in even with a small hand to get a chance to double or take the pot on the pre-flop.

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I think that with A or K in your hand, you can go to the bank ...

Edgerik

Edgerik

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I wait for hands like AA KK AKs I go all in. If it's about stealing the blinds with high card and suit connector I also go all in.

LanaRhoades

LanaRhoades

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wait for hands like AA KK AKs I go all in. If it's about stealing the blinds with high card and suit connector I also go all in.
I make my words yours! I do the same as Edgerik.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if a player is missing for the FT that means that you are already ITM with any decent hand I do all-in, I know that being in the FT would give you some more money but you already earned money, so you must risk and try to raise your stack to see if you are lucky and can win the tournament, so you must expand your range and hope to get lucky

akgross

akgross

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In this situation, you need to play all-in pre-flop with a good card. It can be a pair or, in extreme cases, a nut pocket ace. It happens that single ligaments are cooler than any pair. See for yourself on the game and layout.