What do I do with chip lead and dry cards?

thehangdude

thehangdude

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I finished the CardsChat daily freeroll just OTM.
I had a nice chip lead at about the half hour mark, 80+ players left.

All the sudden, my cards dry up. Not one pair. One suited ace (A9) that lost to AT. No suited connectors. I did raise to steal with a 57s, and an AQ went in. Pot committed, I lucked out. No two face cards. The best hand I had for an hour was K8s.

Finally I saw a KQo in the SB. Button opened with a raise and like a fool, I pushed. I lost.

What can I do when I get NOTHING for an hour? By the time I saw that KQ, I was seriously frustrated. I was a slow tilt.

What can I do when I see my stack trickle down for an hour? I stole a couple pots with junk, but every time I got raised, I had no choice but fold or play junk. I know I could have folded to the final table, but frustration crept in.

Any suggestions other than drinking heavily?

cidul

cidul

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
If that is the case, life sucks my friend:D. You have to adjust your game, try to play your position, use the advantage of a big stack to put pressure on other players. As i said before you don't really need just premium hands to win a game, do your play correct and look at the premium hands as a bonus.

Or, you can drink slowly :hahaha:

mkdrummey

mkdrummey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You were lucky to get so far. Both tables I played on it was pretty much all in all the time. Unusual for a cardschat game. One player pushed every hand until they got looked up and took that player out with junk. Then they started playing normally. I got table moved to another that was any of 3 players all in, all from the same country which seemed somewhat over represented today. I got disconnected due to internet outage here and by the time I got back I had hardly any chips to play with.

I also lost today playing zoom with the same player every time I was at a table with them they went all in with junk. That junk took out a lot of players, myself included. After that I called it a day.

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Leverage your big stack and put pressure on others while always using your position and stack to your advantage. Look for the folders and try and target them more then not. Sometimes cards don't run your way, in that case if you have done everything you can then unfortunately the poker gods aren't smiling today.

thehangdude

thehangdude

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Leverage your big stack and put pressure on others while always using your position and stack to your advantage. Look for the folders and try and target them more then not. Sometimes cards don't run your way, in that case if you have done everything you can then unfortunately the poker gods aren't smiling today.

This is a place I really need to improve my game. I should have worked more on it when I had the chance. I guess today will be for studying up in case I get lucky enough to get in the same position tonight.

Another problem of mine is being on the opposite side of that. There are a couple players that just seem to have my number. They always seem to raise me when I semi-bluff, and fold to my slightest raise with the nuts.

As for the poker gods smiling, they did. They dealt me 66 (I limped), and each of my two villains a Jack. Flop came JJ6. That is how I got the lead. I guess that used ALL of my luck. It happens.

R

raydalio777

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
play as you think is right. the rest is not up to you. do not put too much so as not to be afraid