what could i've done different?

Acesinthebig

Acesinthebig

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
seems like a cooler with your stack but maybe fold pre because of all the players left to act

PokerFunKid

PokerFunKid

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldn't call here from your short stack. It will play akward on many boards. I'd just go all-in preflop, unless i know he's very tight, i may consider folding. You're putting in a big part from your stack preflop. What are you going to do on boards you miss? Just give it up? Are you going to fold on boards like KJx? Are you calling and folding if he goes all in on the turn? I think that would be a mistake. Rather just jam preflop and see 5 cards. Versus his range i think we will be ahead often enough.

As played though, i don't think we can get away. But i'd rather bet a little smaller on the flop and jam on most turns.

J

JohnCoffee90

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
dont call. jam or fold. with less then 15bbs there is no real postflop play, so just push/fold basically

NHequalsFU

NHequalsFU

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Shove/Fold preflop and I lean towards folding the AJ but I'm a nit.

W

williamsc99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you played your hand well and there was nothing to do because you would be second only to an AK, AQ or 10 in the rest, his move would be good and would draw a lot of chips. Of course, if it was me when he bet me on the flop, it certainly would put this small group of hands AK, AQ or 10 or a bluff for a group of well - polarized between hands much value or nothing

damgold

damgold

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would not bet everything you were losing on hands like AQ 10X AA. I would only give him a check if he bet many chips after the flop I would give up if he would just pass I would pass too and bet a little on the river good luck next time bet everything when you are nuts in the hand so you do not lose everything.