What is the correct way to play TT?

Gaviria8

Gaviria8

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played this hand today, but I think I played so wrong, what you think is the best way to play TT? I'm confused :mad:

Check the hand:

NL Holdem $200(BB)
UTG ($5517)
EP ($7711)
MP1 ($4922)
MP2 ($10146)
HJ ($7148)
CO ($13208)
BTN ($9808)
HERO ($10816)
BB ($1828)

Dealt to Hero: T:club: T:spade:

UTG Folds, EP Folds, MP1 Raises To $420, MP2 Folds, HJ Folds, CO Folds, BTN Folds, HERO Raises To $1220, BB Folds, MP1 Calls $800

Hero SPR on Flop: [1,33 effective]
Flop ($2780): J:diamond: 4:diamond: 5:club:
HERO Bets $1390 (Rem. Stack: 8206), MP1 Calls $1390 (Rem. Stack: 2312)

Turn ($5560): J:diamond: 4:diamond: 5:club: 9:diamond:
HERO Checks, MP1 Bets $2312 (allin), HERO Calls $2312 (Rem. Stack: 5894)

River ($10184): J:diamond: 4:diamond: 5:club: 9:diamond: 8:heart:

MP1 shows: A:spade: A:club:

MP1 wins: $10184

So, what you think about?

Ovuvuevuevue

Ovuvuevuevue

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you shouldn't have bet on the flop and you shouldn't have called his shove. There are so many hands that beat you on the flop and on the turn that it doesn't make sense to risk your chips like that. The turn brought a flush possibility which had you beat and even just the Jack pair beats you. You should have known something was wrong when he called your flop bet. With pocket pairs if you don't hit your set and you see anyone get aggressive just quietly fold. Even with pocket kings if you see an ace you just stop and check all the way through. The turn shove was your cue to get out of the hand.

Gaviria8

Gaviria8

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you shouldn't have bet on the flop and you shouldn't have called his shove. There are so many hands that beat you on the flop and on the turn that it doesn't make sense to risk your chips like that. The turn brought a flush possibility which had you beat and even just the Jack pair beats you. You should have known something was wrong when he called your flop bet. With pocket pairs if you don't hit your set and you see anyone get aggressive just quietly fold. Even with pocket kings if you see an ace you just stop and check all the way through. The turn shove was your cue to get out of the hand.

Yes, I knew I was tilted, but what you do Pre-Flop? Limp/call?

honorwar

honorwar

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
TT are good cards but sometimes this pair loses.It's not easy to fold these cards.

M

mulliongc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With small pairs, TT being one of them, and out of position all the way through the hand, it is probably not wrong to limp in. If you flop a set, great. If you don't flop a set you haven't committed that much and can get away from the hand without much heartburn. Anytime a pre-flop raiser gets called on a continuation bet, you have to suspect that the caller has at least top pair or better, which in this situation means he/she had jacks or better beating your TT.

1sunchin

1sunchin

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you made the correct 3x pre-flop raise, but most likely your opponent had something like diamonds A with a weak suited kicker, so he called with a flush draw on the flop and got a flush on the turn. You just had no luck this time.

Reload

Reload

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Considering that you don't have any monster on hands, betting and going aftet being shoved is really really a risk, there are signals telling you not to go further.

B

BesseNuts

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can you tell us his cards?

G

gryphon3005

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Out of position with what I would call a middle of the road pair I can't see why you raised pre-flop. It's never a good idea to bet without having a reason to do so. If you were on tilt then that says it all...you had no thought out reason/strategy here because the emotions took over.
With your over the top pre-flop bet you might have been thinking to push the guy off his hand and take the pot down right then and there. It that was the plan what was the next step if he called? I would have shut down immediately after seeing the flop. A check fold on the turn and I'm still in the game.

I think the best way to play TT in this situation was simply to call the 2+BB raise and then check after the flop. At some point he will look to extract value with a sizeable bet and that's when you hopefully give up.

Ovuvuevuevue

Ovuvuevuevue

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I knew I was tilted, but what you do Pre-Flop? Limp/call?
I liked your reraise, it would have eliminated bad hands and would have forced a fold from your opponent. You were just a bit unlucky to be up against aces. When he called your reraise at that point you know he has a very good hand and if you don't hit your set then you need to get out quickly.

bakreni

bakreni

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
3 bet its ok...reise on flop ok ...turn you chek end fold after reise becase your hand is always weak so many hands its beter

M

malaka

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played this hand today, but I think I played so wrong, what you think is the best way to play TT? I'm confused :mad:

Check the hand:

NL Holdem $200(BB)
UTG ($5517)
EP ($7711)
MP1 ($4922)
MP2 ($10146)
HJ ($7148)
CO ($13208)
BTN ($9808)
HERO ($10816)
BB ($1828)

Dealt to Hero: T T

UTG Folds, EP Folds, MP1 Raises To $420, MP2 Folds, HJ Folds, CO Folds, BTN Folds, HERO Raises To $1220, BB Folds, MP1 Calls $800

Hero SPR on Flop: [1,33 effective]
Flop ($2780): J 4 5
HERO Bets $1390 (Rem. Stack: 8206), MP1 Calls $1390 (Rem. Stack: 2312)

Turn ($5560): J 4 5 9
HERO Checks, MP1 Bets $2312 (allin), HERO Calls $2312 (Rem. Stack: 5894)

River ($10184): J 4 5 9 8

MP1 shows: A A

MP1 wins: $10184

So, what you think about?

i tink you have to fold on the turn

L

LuisBoaC

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you had a read on the opener that he opens wide from early position then your pre-flop 3-bet is fine but with no read (or not that specific read) I would call TT pre-flop when out of position as you were.
As you played I think the c-betting on the flop was called but I would slow down when villain called it. I would check the turn and re-evaluate (and most likely fold to any bet) on the river.

roger perkins

roger perkins

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i would have limped in with 1010 being out of position and facing a preflop raise. when he checks after the flop a c bet is good, but have you been c betting all your previous hands? when he just calls a red flag goes up with me. after the shove on the turn i would have to think im behind and need a 10 (2 outs) to win. I fold.

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yo play the hands strengths. Limp late position for over pair trap raise early position for set trap. If there is an over and someone shoves on you consider folding depending on player.

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I probably would have played it like that, like you, but after we made the mistakes or that kind of thing is that we reconsidered, I would have confided in that flop, recently I had a play relatively similar to that and I let myself go because the flop did not It represented danger for me, but it turns out that my opponent had a better pair, teaching: try to be very careful and not trust too much.

Nathan Smith

Nathan Smith

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your pre-flop raise is great. Your c-bet is pretty bad.

He will call with Jx, QQ, (and in this case his slow plays AA and KK) and fold AK, AQ, 99, 88, etc. Maybe you can rep AA but then you are trying to get him to fold KK, QQ, Jx. Very unlikely on this flop. You only get value from his diamond flush draws.

An sorry but you turn call is the biggest mistake. What hand is he bluffing with on this card that you beat? His flush draws get there. K10 is the first hand that come to mind. But is he really calling your 3-bet and then your flop c-bet with this hand.

BTW he didn't limp call your preflop three bet - he raise-called. Very different play.

Andrey Krok

Andrey Krok

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with previous opinions, ok preflop 3 bet and flop contbet, but after the call on the flop, check fold on the turn. It would be right, but I'm not sure I'd play it myself. Especially in the state of tilt. I will try to remember your experience not to repeat this mistake. Best regards and luck!

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
I think your preflop bet was good ... even the bet you made on the flop seems to me well played ... but once the villain called preflop and call on the flop ... are signals that had value in the hand ... on the turn you should have checked and not bet ...

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Reading the opponent range???