xexeu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well I put $ 10 today at pokerstars
And I bet with a friend of mine who can make that $ 10 turn $ 100 in a month
I used to play in SNG's tournaments, but it was always $ 0.10 or $ 0.02, which took a lot to achieve a significant profit ...
I've been thinking about participating in tournaments.
$ 1.40 + 0.10 - field 6 Hyper-turbo
or
$ 0.90 + 0.10 field 180 Hyper-turbo

What do you think of the idea?

I accept any tip.

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I think it's not bad, as long as you feel like you played those sng, although I think you better play only the players could get your goal quickly and you focus on them

K

karl coakley

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you have a very low chance of success. You are playing games that are above your bankroll regardless of your skill set and you are playing a high variance game.

It really doesn't matter who you are, you need more than 10 games out of your bankroll. It could be done but you are putting a lot of pressure on yourself which doesn't need to be there. If you have the skill set, you shouldn't have a problem getting to 100.00 in a month playing .50 SNG.

Which is a little more of a problem is that you want to play hyper turbo. These are high variance games. Turbo would be okay, but standard would be better.

P

Principg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you shooud skip hyper-turbo games, because of a high variance.You don't have so big bankroll, but i would try STT 0,50$ turbo, SnG, field 9. You shoud beat that level, and when you make some more money you could try same game with 1,50$ buy-in, or 6-max, same buy-in.Field is not so strong, and variance is much lower than in hypers.

kratos

kratos

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe you should play Sit N Go single table 50ç,It's better start from as less players as possible.

P

pauloandre100

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
play $0,25 sng 45 players regular

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Personally I like cash games. You play when you want to play, what you want to play without having to worry about the blinds getting so big that you're FORCED to play. $10 is a small bankroll for sure, but you can get into an NL2 game for $2 or less. If things aren't working out for you, just drop out immediately. Again, you don't HAVE to sit there and wait for something to happen like you do in a tourney or SnG.

For a small bankroll, I would also suggest Spin & Go's. A lot of people say to stay away from them, but they are winnable with the right approach and they only cost 25 cents to play.

Once you're able, join the CC Freeroll Club. Great FREE way to build skills and a bankroll. For me, a bankroll is just a starting point. You must never play scared. If you lose it all, so be it. Just be patient and play more CC freerolls till you get it back again. But, don't take that as a license to play stupid either. Every game (no matter how low the buy-in) is worth playing properly.

Last edited:
milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It seems to me that your goal is high. If the thoughts of the goal you constantly will be driven to make decisions, you can make a lot of mistakes. You need to start with tournaments that suit you better and if you raise a little bankroll then go to the big bets. Observe the rule of bankroll in order not to lose it completely.

E

Elvis

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With 10$ better start playing 0.50 9 players stgs unless you are sure that you will have profit on those games that you said.When you grew your bankroll start playing higher stgs and always have some standard buy in like 15 buy in or more.I wish you good luck! :)

R

rudy988

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Or play against bankroll , and go for it ... Ofc if your bet with friend wasn't over 10$ ... lol

2,5$ 180 turbo

in 2h , and if you're 1st , you've won your bet (+100$+ on ps) ;) GL

stackedmegaman

stackedmegaman

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hypers are a great way to build a BR fast, in my experience.
also, a great way to lose a BR fast.
trust your gut, and GOOD LUCK.

Bozovicdj

Bozovicdj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My tip is not to get greedy and rush into Spin&GOs. Those are just dumb to play, it will never be profitable.

Also, I would suggest playing 9max SnGs, meaning 9 players, first 3 to win the money. If you think that you are a good HU player, then it is also fine to play those as well.