What is the best strategy in the beginning of a tournament?

A

analudias

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Could you help me with some tips about the best strategy in the beginning of a tournament?

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lot’s of content on YouTube, here on cards chat ...etc. If you are beginner, play tight, always in position, unless you have top beginning hand, don’t try to play every hand in the beginning, don’t bluff until you get some experience, pay attention on what others do... and no one wins on the beginning of the tournament, but lots of them lose.

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Could you help me with some tips about the best strategy in the beginning of a tournament?
early stage is the key to success in tournament poker. Even the best players in the early blinds play ABC poker strategy. To play a tournament, you need to think strategically. Don't risk your tournament life, double your stack on the first levels. Remember that the prizes come only a few hours after the start of the tournament. You cannot win MTTs in the first few pots, so it is useless to put your participation in the tournament at risk.If you win big pots early on, then you have a slight edge over the field, but if you overclock big pots and lose, then you will have a significant stack gap or even danger of being knocked out.

G

Gusborgs22

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
as you have more big blinds you can play more hands like small pocket pairs, suited conectors and obviously the premium hands
also you can play some Ax suited and those kind of hands trying to hit a flush and win a big pot
you can tribet more hands too, knowing that your oponents are going to raise hands like small pocket pairs and some suited conectors
as you go deeper and the blinds go up, the average will be like 20-50bbs, them you cant play those hands, the best at those stages is wait for premium hands except if you are in the button, BvB ...
So, at early stages, you have to take advantage of having a big stack and play a wide range

G

Gamer4455

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi analudias. After reading your top 3 replies, I have to agree 100% with them, and I can't have much to reply and add to these. However, I will add, play tight, believe in yourself, do some positive self talk while you are playing, and don't chase any inside str8. That's not part of your A game. GL to you

M

MakTrue

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Good day!
Open more hands (I'm not talking about completely garbage hands, but I mean borderline hands that you would not open in the middle and late stages).
One of the tips :)