Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Level 24: Blinds 16,000-8000

stock: 300,000
Card on hand: suited A and 2 clubs

A raise ok 38,000 and you called,.,
flop came 5of hearts 5of clubs and 3of clubs...

you check then another 62,000 raise from your enemy and you call...

turns came 2of spades...

both of you check

On the river 7of spades then you check...

your enemy shoved her chips and covered you..

NOW what is the best move??

thanks for the answer :) :):):)

armoko

armoko

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Was your opponent on BB os SB ? I would probably play a bit aggressive after your opponent raised 62,000 I would re-raise with 150k-200k. And you had a flush draw at least. it was a risky but could work.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Level 24: Blinds 16,000-8000

stock: 300,000
Card on hand: suited A and 2 clubs

A raise ok 38,000 and you called,.,
flop came 5of hearts 5of clubs and 3of clubs...

you check then another 62,000 raise from your enemy and you call...

turns came 2of spades...

both of you check

On the river 7of spades then you check...

your enemy shoved her chips and covered you..

NOW what is the best move??

thanks for the answer :) :):):)

with the stack size here (just under 20bb's)... you dould either be rrai preflop (depending upon history with player in SB)... but seeing as you elected to 'call'... when they bet out on flop & you've flopped the NFD, a gutshot & an overcard... all of which are likely good... you should RRAI (re-raise ALL-In). You're giving yourself two chances to win this way a) you get villain to fold & you take down a decent pot b) you get your chips in while you have decent equity & can win the pot if you manage to have the best hand.

Playing it the way you have played is too passive for these sized stacks... and you are limiting your chances of winning.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Was your opponent on BB os SB ? I would probably play a bit aggressive after your opponent raised 62,000 I would re-raise with 150k-200k. And you had a flush draw at least. it was a risky but could work.

IF you re-raise to 150k, you're only leaving yourself with less than a 1/3 pot sized bet for the turn if you're called. (& if you re-raise to 200k, you'll have less than a 1/4 pot sized bet). You want to be thinking ahead in the hand when considering your bet sizing.

J

jrsilvamg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your enemy is calling, so it is important to know to know if you are just bluffing because of the flush that didn't come out or if you could have a pair higher than 2 in the hands, without this information I would prefer to fold