weak leading

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just reading about "Weak leading." Also called “donk betting”When you call out of position only to bet (into the raiser) without much of a hand on the flop. Does anyone do this as a strategy? In what circumstances? Have you had much success? Of course it depends on the flop and your opponent. If your opponent is fairly tight and it looks like they missed then it might be worth a shot.

DougPkrMonsta

DougPkrMonsta

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most of the time you are better off check-raising and collecting their continuation bet in addition to the pot. I am not a big proponent of this concept but against the right player I can see it working. There are not too many tight passive players out there nowadays.

Making weak leads with very strong hands can be a good strategy against aggressive opponents who may try to blast you out of the hand with big raises.

Know your opponents and mix it up to keep them guessing. If you always do the same thing with a weak hand or a strong hand good players will take note and respond accordingly.

Good luck to you!

K

kaizuki

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
in my experience this is only good against the nittiest of players or if your table image is very nitty

TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
i'm checking to the raiser, and then firing a check raise if the situation merits it. Maybe against a super passive player that may check back the flop if he misses.

W

watplays

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
this is what i see always in freerolls and low stakes tourneys. Dont see so much in higher buyins 50n up. players are donk leading with any two. I have no idea what they are trying to accomplish. agreed if you are going to do this, do it with the nuts to provoke a reraise or just check raise so you can get folds