View final tables tournaments as an element of training

mitroff

mitroff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Recently, I began to view the final tables of offline tournaments (pokerstars, partypoker, wsop, Aussie Millions) and received a lot of material for training. The level of thinking of some players is at a very high level and I began to think about some aspects of my game. If there are players who are also browsing offline tournaments, you can share your thoughts or recommend viewing a particular tournament. I will be glad;).

weezy1312

weezy1312

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
TN
Chips
dont use sophisticated plays if you are playing a micro/low tournament , youd turn an advantage to a disadvantage , some plays are based on how your ennemy would perceive your move and how you would deceive them , in low buy ins other players might not get that read right and put you in bad position , in those tournaments play as close as possible to GTO.

mitroff

mitroff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
weezy1312, it is clear that it is foolish to compare the level and understanding of the game of high rollers and microtournament players. My post was not about that. But with the fact that you said I agree.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
In my opinion, the most useful thing is to analyze your own game, your own decisions and mistakes. This analysis will allow you to improve your own skills and thus improve your game.
Good luck.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes. Sometimes the commentary is helpful also.

I want to see their hole cards.
I like the video to be good quality and show their faces and body posture.

I prefer to be able to hear conversation at the table. To be able to hear verbal declarations.

I do not watch $25k or even $10k events with low fields (other then the Main) for training.

I'm watching to see how "typical" final tables play. How much are they raising. Is the bigstack bossing the table appropriately? Is there a lot of side conversation? Does anybody look tired? Is anybody drinking alcohol? LOL

I like WSOP, WSOP Circuit, WPT, Heartland, EPT anything that meets good video criteria I mention above.

Good luck !

Last edited:
mitroff

mitroff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Now on youtube channel TrironPoker is a live broadcast of tournaments with open cards. The composition of the participants is very decent(Justin Bonomo, Ben Lamb, John Juanda, Jason Koon, Isaac Haxton, Nikita Bodyakovskiy, Sam Greenwood and very strong players from Asia).:cool:

Erpherk

Erpherk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been watching the triton poker stream the past few days... the level of poker they play is insane, makes me feel like i know nothing about poker when i watch. They can break the range down to exact holdings at times and fold monsters when they are beat. You should check it out you will love it.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to watch tournaments highlights like those from EPT for example. You can find them in youtube with very good quality and it is really entertaining.

mitroff

mitroff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have been watching the triton poker stream the past few days... the level of poker they play is insane, makes me feel like i know nothing about poker when i watch. They can break the range down to exact holdings at times and fold monsters when they are beat. You should check it out you will love it.
At TrironPoker, you can compare the poker mind of Asian players and regular high roller players. It is always useful to look at poker from a different angle.

W

whosdaboss25

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for more realistic play I would watch some videos on Gripsedpoker.com they are online pros and Evan speaks in detail why he makes certain plays and why he makes certain folds. There a lot of ICM plays involved at the final tables that come into play and great stuff you should check out the content Evan can play some poker.

mitroff

mitroff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
gripsed.com is the correct site address. The composition of the coaches is excellent. Charlie Carrel is a great player. In my free time, I will definitely look at the content on the site.;)

alfiyka

alfiyka

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the most unpredictable are the final tables.The most illogical.The winner is the one who is more patient.End game.Wearied.And the desire to quickly complete the game..And there is no difference first or second..

mitroff

mitroff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
alfiyka, most of the players at the final tables are professionals. For them, playing 12 hours a day is a usual thing. For them, this is the basis of a successful poker career.;)

alfiyka

alfiyka

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I did have a stupid answer.The difference between us and professionals is huge.

mitroff

mitroff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is necessary to reduce the difference to its complete disappearance.;)

dedok0525

dedok0525

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is not only your hands and the hands of your opponents. In poker, it plays an important role, how you are perceived by other players, and and perceive them. And the perception of the whole game. Live events, and thus differ from online. When viewing live events, try to notice only the general aspects of the game and did not give priority to the final tables, and the early and middle stages.

maksonios

maksonios

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I thought I am the only one who does this.

mitroff

mitroff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is not only your hands and the hands of your opponents. In poker, it plays an important role, how you are perceived by other players, and and perceive them. And the perception of the whole game. Live events, and thus differ from online. When viewing live events, try to notice only the general aspects of the game and did not give priority to the final tables, and the early and middle stages.
Broadcasts with open cards of early and middle stages of tournaments are available only at PokerStars, but poker logic is very difficult to understand due to frequent changes in the composition of players at the table and changes in the dynamics of the game. At the final table, it is always clear what level the players (professionals or amateurs) or commentators will always say who is who. To study the game at an early stage of the tournament you need to play yourself.

mitroff

mitroff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On Triton Poker channel in YouTube there appeared broadcasts of all tournaments of the series with open cards. I advise you to pay special attention to tournaments with a short deck. The game is new, the structure is new and it will be interesting for everyone in the near future to try. We draw attention to the game of Chinese players (they act under the flag of Malaysia), they are very strong now technically and have a lot of experience playing with a short deck. Here you can write your thoughts or read mine.;)

foran

foran

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
sincerely I think it's good training to see a tournament from the beginning to see how a player moves in each stage to win on the internet there are many videos of those.

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Recently, I began to view the final tables of offline tournaments (Pokerstars, PartyPoker, WSOP, Aussie Millions) and received a lot of material for training. The level of thinking of some players is at a very high level and I began to think about some aspects of my game. If there are players who are also browsing offline tournaments, you can share your thoughts or recommend viewing a particular tournament. I will be glad;).

i really suggest that it is better for many ... specially me .. to watch poker played at levels that are more applicable to me
watching poker players in Twitch is great training... and many are players who buy-in below $100

mitroff

mitroff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
KristaK, for the transition to the next level of poker thinking, simply compulsory viewing and analysis of the game of high-roller players. To understand the trends of the game on your limit you need to watch and understand the actions of the players of your limit.

mitroff

mitroff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Today begins the broadcast of the main event of the EPT in Sochi. Four days of live streaming on PokerStars on YouTube and on twitch. Especially if you are Russian-speaking view them required. Many professional players participate in the broadcast and comment it.:)

S

skeptix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
These live events are great to gain insights into why good players do what they do, which can tremendously help your game. However, don't try to copy them, as others have said. Using sophisticated plays against unsophisticated opponents is not optimal. In lower buy-in mtts you should be playing an exploitation style taking full advantage of the simple errors your opponents make.