5TR8 FLUSH

5TR8 FLUSH

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I'm planning on going to Vegas to play in my first wsop event which is the colossus event with CC. I haven't played in a live tournament in about 7 or 8 months so I decided to go tonight to refresh table etiquette and live feel. I got knocked out right before the 4th round. I played extremely tight and tried to loosen up a bit early on, but tightened up again. Don't have many hands to talk about but this one below hurt.

I have 10D6D in the button and I raise 4X to 400. BB calls and UTG +1 calls after limping.

Flop - 8H 9H X - checks all around

TURN 7H - I bet 500, BB calls, then UTG +1 goes all in for 1500 (I had about 3K left in my stack). I thought about it and folded, BB calls. UTG+1 shows set of 7's, and BB shoes AH can't remember other card, but he didn't have a flush.

River - 3D - didn't improve anyone, set of 7's won.

While playing I thought one of the players had a flush, and that's why I folded. I had best hand, but I folded.

I've noticed that when I play live, I play really tight, don't raise nor bet often and rarely bluff. Online I feel much more comfy and play more relaxed and take more chances.

What do you all think? Did I make correct fold? What would you have done in this situation?

spunka

spunka

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This come down to the reads you havde opponet.
but there is also a straight J high there.
and JT is a hand many likes to play… but a flush on top makes it a bit difficult to call, on the other hand you are nearly commited to call, with the amount you put in the pot, with 15BB he is in pushing range, so you should expect a push.

5TR8 FLUSH

5TR8 FLUSH

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
with the amount you put in the pot, with 15BB he is in pushing range, so you should expect a push.
I agree with you spunka, I should have expected that shove. Unfortunately I'm a little rusty with live play and for me it's more difficult to pay attention to everything when playing live. I still need work on remembering how much is in the pot, how much to bet, other people stack sizes. I'm gonna try to go to few more tournaments and try to focus more on what's going on. One thing I did improve on was not giving away to much information. Thanks for your comment.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Hard to say to be honest. You have a great hand but with the flush on board and a played left to act I can't blame you for folding it here. Most live players don't bluff enough to be honest.

dannystanks

dannystanks

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
What if you could go back further in the hand and c-bet the flop? That may have changed that hard decision you had to make on the River.

5TR8 FLUSH

5TR8 FLUSH

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
So I went to my second live Vegas warm up tournament today. I took down 5th place out of 80 buy ins. It was a bounty tournament, and my first live cash. I had zero bounties, and no re-buys. Some of my bluffs worked out.

Here are some hands I remember.

I have pocket J's in BB, button raises, SB calls and I call.
Flop J 6 2 rainbow. I check, button shoves, SB folds. I snap call. Opponent had J 4o.

I have 4s7s in SB, BB bet big, I called. Flop came 8 8 7. I check, BB bet half pot, I shoves, BB tanked, then called with A Qo. I held and got another double up.

I got AA in cut off, UTG+1 raises 5X, I shove pre Flop, he tanked called. Opponent had AKo, I doubled up.

Bluff I remember. I had K 4o vs Opponent who I played against the 4s7s hand. This Opponent was aggressive the entire time I was at table with him. He was at same seat the entire tournament until the FT. Flop K J 3 (two diamonds), Opponent bet, I called. Turn was 10D, I checked, Opponent bet big again and I snapped shoved. Opponent tanked folded and claimed to have a straight. He thought I had a flush.

These situation didn't happen in order. My last hand was AH7H vs ADQD. I'm very excited to finally have my first live cash. I had a lot of fun, and can't wait for the colossus event. Gonna try to go to one more live tournament before the Vegas trip.

5TR8 FLUSH

5TR8 FLUSH

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I remembered another hand from this last tournament.

I'm BB with 10 Qo, blinds are 300/600 UTG min raise to 1200, cut off calls, SB calls and I call (pot is 4800). Flop comes K Q 10 rainbow. SB check, I check, UTG checks, then cut off bets 2000, SB folds, I shove, UTG folds, cut off tanks and folds.

Do you guys think that was correct play? Would you of played it differently? I shoved because I didn't want to see an A or J on turn or river.

Thanks in advance.

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
So I went to my second live Vegas warm up tournament today. I took down 5th place out of 80 buy ins. It was a bounty tournament, and my first live cash. I had zero bounties, and no re-buys. Some of my bluffs worked out.

Here are some hands I remember.

I have pocket J's in BB, button raises, SB calls and I call.
Flop J 6 2 rainbow. I check, button shoves, SB folds. I snap call. Opponent had J 4o.

I have 4s7s in SB, BB bet big, I called. Flop came 8 8 7. I check, BB bet half pot, I shoves, BB tanked, then called with A Qo. I held and got another double up.

I got AA in cut off, UTG+1 raises 5X, I shove pre Flop, he tanked called. Opponent had AKo, I doubled up.

Bluff I remember. I had K 4o vs Opponent who I played against the 4s7s hand. This Opponent was aggressive the entire time I was at table with him. He was at same seat the entire tournament until the FT. Flop K J 3 (two diamonds), Opponent bet, I called. Turn was 10D, I checked, Opponent bet big again and I snapped shoved. Opponent tanked folded and claimed to have a straight. He thought I had a flush.

These situation didn't happen in order. My last hand was AH7H vs ADQD. I'm very excited to finally have my first live cash. I had a lot of fun, and can't wait for the colossus event. Gonna try to go to one more live tournament before the Vegas trip.
Congratulations on placing in your first tournament! :) Thank you for sharing your game with us too. :)

Royal Vegas - Leo Vegas - Sky Vegas