Variance again???

CDNMAN 42

CDNMAN 42

Visionary
Total posts
Awards
I mean really, out of the last ten tournaments of this type, MTT 18 players, I have not won a flip or a race or even when I am ahead after the turn. It just feels so tainted against me...maybe I should just start playing garbage like my opponents..In this case the villain had got all in so often that it appeared this was his only bet. then this occurs...really???:):):)

https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/524V915xO

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
I mean really, out of the last ten tournaments of this type, MTT 18 players, I have not won a flip or a race or even when I am ahead after the turn. It just feels so tainted against me...maybe I should just start playing garbage like my opponents..In this case the villain had got all in so often that it appeared this was his only bet. then this occurs...really???:):):)

https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/524V915xO

I'm assuming you miss-spoke as being in a flip on the turn and ahead. You were a 19 to 1 dog after the turn. You were ahead on the flop but actually slight underdog to all his outs with the flush.

I feel your pain but instead of looking at this results wide why not look at it as a learning lesson. I dont blame you for playing A8s here but with the limper and your smaller raise did you think about the SS small stack with his shoving size stack there. While I agree his shove was not just wide but ridiculous if he believes he can get a fold from your small raise it would be understandable. Its your call where you may want to look over. You called 674 chips to win a pot of 1771 or you needed 38% equity's in your call. If you look at many reasonable players ranges your of any pair all suites aces and down to A8o with any 2 Broadway cars or about 22.3% of hands you equity against this range is 46.82%

Now if you know he is just shoving all hands I can understand the call here as you equity is like 62% but there are still a lot of hand your way behind on. The question is should you still call knowing this.

I'm not saying your right or wrong. Again I feel your pain but instead of getting mad try looking at this as a learning lesson. I used to just blame luck or other things as well. But when I started looking at it more and seeing maybe I could have done things differently, I ended up making better choices more and started to see my winnings improve. Today I dont let losing hands this way bother me anymore.

Hell, Monday I had my Aces cracked all in 1st level pre flop against Pocket aces . The flop and turn were all Diamonds. He had the ace of Diamonds. That s sick. I laughed and called it a night.

V

valetgll

Visionary
Total posts
Awards
I think this is a bad idea. It will get worse. You'd better filter the card and think before calling a raise.

venycyos

venycyos

Visionary
Total posts
Awards
I assume you mistyped as if you were turning a corner and ahead. You were a 19 to 1 dog after the turn. You were ahead on the flop, but you actually took a disadvantage to all outs with the flush.

I feel your pain, but instead of looking at these results broadly, why not see this as a learning lesson. I don't blame you for playing A8s here, but with the limper and your small raise, you propose on the small SS stack with your shove size there. While I would agree that his shove was not only broad but ridiculous, if he believes he can fold his small raise, that would be understandable. It's your call where you can check and verify.You paid 674 chips to earn a point of 1771 or needed 38% equity on your call. If you look at very reasonable, your range of any pair, all suites, aces and even A8o with any 2 Broadway cars or about 22.3% of the hands, your equity against that range is 46.82%

Now if you know he's just pushing all the hands, I can understand calling him here since his equity is 62%, but there are still many hands left. The question is whether you should still call knowing this.

I'm not saying you're right or wrong. Again, I feel your pain, but instead of getting angry, try seeing this as a lesson in learning. I used to blame luck or other things too.But when I eat to look more at this and see that it could possibly be different, I ended up making the best choices and eat to see my earnings go up. Today I don't let losing hands like that bother me anymore.

Hell, Monday I had my aces all busted at the first level preflop against a pair of aces. The flop and turn were all diamonds. He had the ace of diamonds. This is sick. I laughed and ended the night.

Quote] If he didn't learn, I learned a lot from his post. Thank you so much for doing this.

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Total posts
Awards
US
I'm assuming you miss-spoke as being in a flip on the turn and ahead. You were a 19 to 1 dog after the turn. You were ahead on the flop but actually slight underdog to all his outs with the flush.

I feel your pain but instead of looking at this results wide why not look at it as a learning lesson. I dont blame you for playing A8s here but with the limper and your smaller raise did you think about the SS small stack with his shoving size stack there. While I agree his shove was not just wide but ridiculous if he believes he can get a fold from your small raise it would be understandable. Its your call where you may want to look over. You called 674 chips to win a pot of 1771 or you needed 38% equity's in your call. If you look at many reasonable players ranges your of any pair all suites aces and down to A8o with any 2 Broadway cars or about 22.3% of hands you equity against this range is 46.82%

Now if you know he is just shoving all hands I can understand the call here as you equity is like 62% but there are still a lot of hand your way behind on. The question is should you still call knowing this.

I'm not saying your right or wrong. Again I feel your pain but instead of getting mad try looking at this as a learning lesson. I used to just blame luck or other things as well. But when I started looking at it more and seeing maybe I could have done things differently, I ended up making better choices more and started to see my winnings improve. Today I dont let losing hands this way bother me anymore.

Hell, Monday I had my Aces cracked all in 1st level pre flop against Pocket aces . The flop and turn were all Diamonds. He had the ace of Diamonds. That s sick. I laughed and called it a night.

Yep what he said!! He's a wise poker player!

S

suitedsadness

Rock Star
Total posts
Variance can be brutal but you just need to play good poker and let the cards fall how they want as you can't influence this.