UTG becoming an active position

M

matecocido20

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
AR
Chips
Lately I have been using this type of position in tournaments (micro limits) with semi-open ranks such as: As5st, Q8ST, 69ST, receiving a lot of mid-position T-bets or BTN with poor quality ranks, which in post-flop C- bet, can generate a lot of losses playing aggressively by position and in C-bet. I recommend a Medium stack strategy.

Fofa

Fofa

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
This strategy can be risky... you can be easily outplayed. Your table reading has to be on point... =x

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you have any edge on your opponents you can play a bit loose from UTG..

Kinalha

Kinalha

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Lately I have been using this type of position in tournaments (micro limits) with semi-open ranks such as: As5st, Q8ST, 69ST, receiving a lot of mid-position T-bets or BTN with poor quality ranks, which in post-flop C- bet, can generate a lot of losses playing aggressively by position and in C-bet. I recommend a Medium stack strategy.
IMO is very bad. Versus reg players you gonna be spotted a lot, and versus the fishs who don't like fold to much it's a bad situation. Obv you can open these hands sometimes, but it's -% of the times

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
it's very bad that you think so and play, change your poker mindset exactly because playing against experienced players you will constantly see a flop, you will not let you just walk to the river for free and win even if you reach the river against weak players who don't throw away even a weak pair you will also find it difficult to play so this strategy is very questionable first position and you have so many players oh I don't think everyone will be easy to fold constantly

M

matecocido20

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
AR
Chips
good answers, thank you very much, it's not 100% of the time I use the UTG, I think in a turbo tournament maybe. But in other situations, I barely reach 5% of the hands that give me in that position to develop them. I totally agreed with you that it's not something you need to use

M

matecocido20

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
AR
Chips
Si tienes alguna ventaja sobre tus oponentes, puedes jugar un poco suelto con UTG.
It's true, maybe that at an advanced point in a tournament or when most of your rivals are with labels, the point is that if they play premium hands from a late position to just a call station, it's possible that I'll entangle you with hands with little sense of opening in that position. What can be achieved but with a lot of reading, out of position you have to use too much chack reise for information, you also lose a lot of chips, or yet you win too many