using maximum time

L

locha2013

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like to waist the time, because I can't see enough hands to be lucky with it. I myself never use the maximum of time and I also don't like when someone else do it. Like I said I am enjoying to see the maximum of hands. There are only some situations I have used the time bank due to not to become the bubble boy.

J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe when you are in the bubbles and close to the money position and you are very shortstacked,this strategy might work for you.Eitherwise if you had a very big stacks,theres no need to slow the momentum and waste time.

nc_royals

nc_royals

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The only time I see it and dont think its some pathetic move is when approaching the bubble in a MTT and youre shortstacked just trying to limp to the min-cash.

S

Swickster007

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Quick poker is GREAT in the early stages of a tournament. You get to see more hands for a cheap price. However if it's down to the bubble and you aren't sitting so hot with your chip stack, I would use all the time you can to try and outlast that one other player. Depends on the situation, but generally it will just waste time and give you less chances for a great hand.

suit2please

suit2please

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have no grudge at all with this strategy because Im habitually on the bubble or near the bubble.

I sympathize with the player who takes all possible time in hopes that someone on another table will go out and put him in the money.

I do this sometimes in tournament for stick in paid place when its late level and i am on shortstack

It depends if you are place 90 and 100 is bubble its ok to do that

In the bubble it s ok to use the maximum of the time

Sometimes in tournaments I see some people using their all time just to get in the money. Kinda unethic, but legal.

Maybe when you are in the bubbles and close to the money position and you are very shortstacked.

The only time I see it and dont think its some pathetic move is when approaching the bubble in a MTT and youre shortstacked just trying to limp to the min-cash.

I do not know of a single site that this approach does anything but waste time. All the sites I have ever played on go to the "1 hand at a time" on all the bubbles, and you wait for the other tables to finish.

magicius

magicius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not know of a single site that this approach does anything but waste time. All the sites I have ever played on go to the "1 hand at a time" on all the bubbles, and you wait for the other tables to finish.

.... Well its simple 30 places win spot in sattelite,you are lets say place 27 and u have like 3bb...
And there are 33 players left,during your time 3 players could go out. If you didnt use time and everyone folds next hand is dealt and you could be in trouble

Sent from my HTC Desire X using Tapatalk

JPoling

JPoling

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to think their is a special spot in hell for you people that do that. My stack isnt really doing much because play has been slowed down, yet blinds have not. See people do this a lot in MTT right before ITM. I hate it. Literally one time on full tilt on a freeroll. In the chat my whole table and I decided to do that. Take as long as possible with every hand but still play. We all made it ITM.

Last edited:
Akorps

Akorps

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Obviously it will destroy the game if everyone does it (5 hands an hour maybe is what you would get :)

It used to be against the TOS at most sites before Black Friday, and they would block your account, but now days the rule doesn't seem to get enforced (the sites have other more pressing problems to worry about, since Black Friday :)

magicius

magicius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Obviously it will destroy the game if everyone does it (5 hands an hour maybe is what you would get :)

It used to be against the TOS at most sites before Black Friday, and they would block your account, but now days the rule doesn't seem to get enforced (the sites have other more pressing problems to worry about, since Black Friday :)

More hands more rake,less hands less rake... Thats why poker rooms doeant like that

Sent from my HTC Desire X using Tapatalk

JPoling

JPoling

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In all honesty this can really ruin the game for people. I have been in tournaments where literally, the blinds are going up 1-2 times before dealer button even makes a whole lap around table.

pfb8888

pfb8888

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its your time ...use it how you like..

I ve used it to make the blinds higher for a short stack ....near the bubble...even if you are hand for hand it can be useful to .........stall

FanatsLV

FanatsLV

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you have a bad hand with you dont play than just fast fold and interfering other players play...
if you have a nice hand in preflop dont need long time to think just play and when in flop is fishy than think how many time you need...