Using a HUD when playing tournaments?

GRANDPAPA929

GRANDPAPA929

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Live poker and online poker have only one common thing: the rules. Online poker is something totally different from live poker. In online you play only one table and you have so much more tells on your opponents,simply because you can see them act. In online poker the only tell are those statistics.

Many players multitabling so they can't follow the action in every tournament without a HUD.If you play only one table at the time good for you and I'm in the same side with you. I'm not telling you that the use of a HUD is mendatory but I try to justify my opinion!

Furthermore is so good to use a HUD because you can review your hand in the replayer and discuss it with a more experienced player and tell you what he things about your play. Or even more you can see past hands of yours and compare your playing line and if you have make any improvement!

Good answer. You explained everything very sensibly.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play poker to have fun,,,using a hud sucks out all the human element,but if works for you and makes you successful then go for it,,,myself i`ve always been a winning player so,im good,,,i love poker. Cheers;) and don`t forget to have fun:D

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
And just a heads up about Hud any other trackers,,,like alot of poker players these days it`s good to play with multible user names so you have different stats for each one you use at the time,,,i let my wife and kids fool around on my accounts as well,,,it`s not rocket science,he he. Anyways,,,good luck at the tables my friend:deal:

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
HUDs are powerful tools if used correctly, but are no substitute for actual reads. The only thing worse than having no information is having incorrect information.
That`s right:joyman:

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pro poker players use each others user accounts as to manipulate their stats,,,just recently a pro was streaming that he was using another pro`s account and the site shut them both down,,,,lol,,,i would`t trust any of the stat trackers at this time,,,maybe when they first come out,they were an asset to alot of people,but like everything,if you don`t move forward and evolve,you get left behind.;)

MoryMorte

MoryMorte

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think they are useful but not necessary when you play single table. For multi tabling you just can't remember all the info.

nimburkx

nimburkx

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i was searching for HUDs for long time for HM2, Holdem manager i took free from the pokeroff when i deposit for 888poker , few days im starting to use it , it is really a bit heavy to control all that information , to get addicted to those information and to have view as professional i guess i have to play around few month from now, there a lot of information but the first thing is not enough giving at starting point, and when within tournaments people are changing tables, or u will be changed to another table u have to wait aproximately at least 30 hands to analyze by HUD but its still will be not enough, its just the case of if you are regular online player and mining all information about all players of online to analyze who is regular who is just new player, and note them, when there are weak players less professional players coming you can beat them hard, as usually grinders are doing online, vast majority of online players i guess they are GRINDERS.
Searching less professional players to make money on them, as hunters, and i guess most of cardschat community are fresh targets for grinders.
Everything is hard in the life, to be more professional you have to invest the time and money and stress after same thing you will do with new players they will pay for your experience in this or other field, depend in which field you become professional