Use caution with Ace King?

S

Sto0o0o

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
do i, dont i?

I like to put in a bigger raise pre-flop with AK but I agree got to be careful with it as been beat with low pairs but if you hit you've got them trapped with money on the table to keep raising! :D

Joco413

Joco413

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Use caution for sure. In my experience AK loses to pocket pairs more often than not.

T

tata777rus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Today I lost with two aces, a set of twos was against me.:D:mad:

Garfield52

Garfield52

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would also be cautious with the AK when somebody goes all in. If another ace comes up you think you have it made with AAK but I have been nailed more than once with somebody sitting on AA and then ending up with AAA. Boom !!!!

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would also be cautious with the AK when somebody goes all in. If another ace comes up you think you have it made with AAK but I have been nailed more than once with somebody sitting on AA and then ending up with AAA. Boom !!!!
First of all, to stop replaying overpairs, you need to change your attitude towards them. You must finally understand what your pocket AA, QC, QQ, etc. - this is just one pair. That's all! No one promised you or guaranteed that with these hands you will always win, even if your opponent pre-flop had a worse hand. Moreover, your overpairs about 25% of cases will not remain the best hands for showdown, which, you see, quite often.