Which type of tournament should i play?

D

Dmytrych

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hi everyone! I play at micro limits, sometimes it happens average. I can’t decide which tournaments suit me, it seems like a better turbo. But you can fly out with a turbo quickly. Tell me how to be patient for hours of tournaments?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you enjoy faster events more, nothing wrong with that. You could play single table SnGs as well. They last shorter, because only 6-9 players start, so its almost like the final table of a big tournament. pokerstars also have multi table SnGs, that are somewhere in between like an 18 man or a 45 man.

Norman Vasquez

Norman Vasquez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you enjoy faster events more, nothing wrong with that. You could play single table SnGs as well. They last shorter, because only 6-9 players start, so its almost like the final table of a big tournament. PokerStars also have multi table SnGs, that are somewhere in between like an 18 man or a 45 man.

I like the 9 players turbo sit and go. I am playing consistently this format.

azforlife

azforlife

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Must play are the small buy in player capped tournaments.

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fundiver and Norman Vasquez give good advice.

If you find that big tournaments take too much patience, then definitely play a faster format. You could even do slow speed one-table tournaments, like normal speed 6-max and 9-man SNG, that will only last for an hour or so but it's unlikely you bust very early.

It might also be a good idea to work on your patience by getting used to increasingly long tournaments. For example, you can start off by trying MTTSNG like 45man that Fundiver recommends, then capped entry tournaments, then large field tournaments once you're enjoying the smaller ones more.

Edgerik

Edgerik

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I believe that patience is essential in any tournament, you have to wait for the good times and the best cards to play them, always pending the position at the table. Just as cash starts in micro limits and goes up as the bankroll allows.

david1bear

david1bear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think working on your patients is the key. Once you work on that a little maybe then try 2 tournaments at a time.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
there are basic principles that are indispensable. One of the most important is that you should not let your emotions take precedence over the technique. We do not force the cards, we follow them, we wait for them and we use them the best. Patience is the most fundamental virtue of poker. you have to stay true to the winning line and play every hand in the best possible way.

Luan

Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
hello good in my opinion the best tournaments to start are the regular 10 minute stops the blinds so if you play micro play 1.10 2.20 are great for beginners who want to be patient in big tournaments.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Instead of searching for tournament type, first you must try to be patient, because when you have a good progress in the games, you will go to higher mtts, where you must have patient. Patient is necessary for poker!