DTaboada

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hi all,

I am a player with less than 3 dollar cash. So, i use to play sit e go tournaments with buy in les than 0,10.

Most of this tounaments are turbo super turbo. i am not sure if the best strategy to play that tournaments is to wait a good hand and go all in, like some players do, or to try to see the flop most times with litle stack much as possible.

What do you think?

vajavava

vajavava

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like turbo tournaments ..You don't have time to wait a good hand or good cards to play .You must play fast and you make mistakes

B

BIGAUS

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
With a smaller bankroll, you're more careful and cautious with what you're able to play, the types of hands you're willing to play, and ultimately it can potentially affect your game play at the tables. If you're concerned about compromising your preferred playing strategy because you're forced to play in games that may not be suitable for your game like super turbo, then perhaps you'll need to add funds by depositing or freerolls to get access to other games that you can afford.

V

valetgll

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would not go to play where the choice of game strategy is limited. I'm not a fan of fast play at all.

K

kubistok

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don’t like turbo. It’s a bit of a lottery when you don't get a good card in the beginning. But anyway, I don't go all in at every opportunity.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I actually dont mind turbos but the are turbo and the rest. If you start with a decent stack with 5 min blinds it not to bad, Then you get super turbo with 30BB and sometime even lower blind levels. Avoid them at all cost.

izmoroc

izmoroc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, in hyper tounaments you depends on the cards more, cos You have to play more hands then You used to.
But as it micro buy-in tourmanets (You can pay for it easily) You can play more tournaments and the probability of good Cards higher.

So You should choose: to play calmer but with upper buy-ins or faster with big ones.

BobbyMorton

BobbyMorton

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not really into turbo tournaments:):):)

C

canabero

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i have to confess that i play turbo tournaments because i don't have the patience to wait more than 4 hours to get ITM, it's really frustrating when you play more than 3 hours and you go out whit nothing. after all, i have a life...
anyway you need to play a turbo game as the same way you play a slow tournament. stack managing, beware when you decide to call or raise big pot, etc. the problem is when you have a streak of bad hands and the table is agressive, that's a pain in the ass.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The higher the game speed, the wider your starting hand range should be. You need to carefully monitor the size of bids in order not to lose the stack quickly.

nghoffman

nghoffman

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Turbo tourneys can be more "fun" that regular tourneys and possibly more profitable, depending on how patient you are and assuming that you don't go card dead for extended periods of time. They are definitely the way to go for players that are time-restricted.

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I’d avoid the super turbo tournaments. They are basically a lottery. If you don’t great hands early you are doomed. Turbo are ok,I pay a lot of these as don’t often have time for a regular tournament. Just be prepared to open up your ranges sooner as you will need to make moves sooner due to the increase frequency of blinds going up.

As others said try to play freerolls, especially the ones offered here to build your bankroll to a level where you don’t have to play these types. I’ve grown mine from $0 to over a $100 starting with the freerolls here.

Best of luck.

R

Roger1960

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like the turbo in one respect that the blinds of course go up faster. Better value for stealing the blinds when the blinds are higher. Super turbo though, not sure if I ever played one.
Only good thing for late registration is the pots are bigger at the start.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Optimal play is going to be much different in a super turbo sng/mtt than in a regular speed game. The super turbo is going to have much less post flop play and ICM will become a factor much sooner. If you are going to play super turbos I would watch some training videos and practice on some sort of ICM trainer/calculator/wiz etc.

naydanazar

naydanazar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi all,

I am a player with less than 3 dollar cash. So, i use to play sit e go tournaments with buy in les than 0,10.

Most of this tounaments are turbo super turbo. i am not sure if the best strategy to play that tournaments is to wait a good hand and go all in, like some players do, or to try to see the flop most times with litle stack much as possible.

What do you think?
in my opinion, you need at least 20-30 dollars to play at such limits, so you always have a stock and you do not worry when you lose 3-4 dollars)