Turbo Structure Advice (Shallow stacks)

MrMeeseeks86

MrMeeseeks86

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys,

I mostly play a specific structure tournament, mostly what's available here, and would just like to get thoughts on what your strategies would be for it. Been struggling lately and have read a lot of info that just made me feel muddled a bit. Would like to hit a 'reset' button of sorts.

Here is the structure:

1500 Starting Chips
8min Blinds
75min re-buy period + add-on at break
No late-reg
Pays out to 7th place (fields of usually about 20-40 people)

What would be your strategy and mindset going into such a tournament be. I always feel short stacked, people having 20+ blinds a few rounds in is pretty rare. I am also curious as how this affects ranges...should it?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi guys,

I mostly play a specific structure tournament, mostly what's available here, and would just like to get thoughts on what your strategies would be for it. Been struggling lately and have read a lot of info that just made me feel muddled a bit. Would like to hit a 'reset' button of sorts.

Here is the structure:

1500 Starting Chips
8min Blinds
75min re-buy period + add-on at break
No late-reg
Pays out to 7th place (fields of usually about 20-40 people)

What would be your strategy and mindset going into such a tournament be. I always feel short stacked, people having 20+ blinds a few rounds in is pretty rare. I am also curious as how this affects ranges...should it?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Adjust your bankroll and gamble it up.

Play good hands in position very aggro.

Turbo's in general are higher variance games therefore we need to have more buy ins to fade this variance.

Don't be afraid to get into flips, and try and build a stack. You have to make it up through the final table, so you have to play to win.

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would be using SnapShove to understand when it’s profitable to get it in. You’re just playing the odds

MrMeeseeks86

MrMeeseeks86

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the responses guys. Will be trying out SnapShove. Should this quick structure make my range tighter or wider though?