Turbo strategy

H

homelesspoker88

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
SE
Chips
Is there a special way too play well in the turbo events? Feels hard to play aggressive when people go all in all the time :/

E

Easylu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
What I recommend is that in a turbo your range of hands should be wider but don't overdo it either, don't let your emotions get carried away by your hands and always be clear about your decisions and goals, don't decide with anger or anger. a previous hand, so if you expand your hands and play with your stack, I recommend that you do not let yourself play short stack there if things get complicated but it is not difficult. Good luck I hope I have helped you

kaynbergo

kaynbergo

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think luck plays a big role in turbo tournaments, because you may not have enough chance to wait for a good hand and you will have to play with at least something.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
play with medium hands sometimes you will have to take risks in turbo mode in poker because it's a fast structure and it's better to do it with a good card than to regret it later with a bad card quick play means you need to play more hands The strategy is very simple there is a strong hand try to win a lot more chips because a strong hand may not come

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
Yes. Don't play them.

More seriously: You always have to adapt your play to how deep you (and your opponents) are - and in turbos, you get to short stack strategy faster. So you can't just sit and wait for great hands. Have to be more aggressive especially if first to act in the later positions.

Even the pros seem a little vague (or maybe it is the accents):

Last edited:
H

homelesspoker88

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
SE
Chips
What I recommend is that in a turbo your range of hands should be wider but don't overdo it either, don't let your emotions get carried away by your hands and always be clear about your decisions and goals, don't decide with anger or anger. a previous hand, so if you expand your hands and play with your stack, I recommend that you do not let yourself play short stack there if things get complicated but it is not difficult. Good luck I hope I have helped you

H

homelesspoker88

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
SE
Chips
Yes. Don't play them.

More seriously: You always have to adapt your play to how deep you (and your opponents) are - and in turbos, you get to short stack strategy faster. So you can't just sit and wait for great hands. Have to be more aggressive especially if first to act in the later positions.

Even the pros seem a little vague (or maybe it is the accents):

i understand but iam new to this and alot of freerolls on coinpoker is in turbo mode to get the tickets :D

ninocabral

ninocabral

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you have to play without fear, go all in when necessary and call when you think you are winning and I try to play fewer hands at the beginning of tournaments

Leandro6803

Leandro6803

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
my strategy would be to see more flops in position against weaker players and exploit them as much as possible, of course as a basis for turbo tournament strategy.

K

khancerberos

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BO
Chips
A strategy would be to try to play only strong hands and if something good comes to you on the flob, bet hard

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
In a turbo tournament, the blinds are rising faster, so you have to play with more aggression, going all in all the time is not enough. Wise choices are needed at the right moments.

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
The tubo tournaments lead to a reduction in skill. People tend to play aggrssively with weaker hands and the game becomes a lottery. We should return to the previous blind speed

R.Melnyk77

R.Melnyk77

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Bingo strategy, any ace is all-in, any pair is all-in. Skills are nothing, luck is everything :)

pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I play very few turbo tournaments (only freerolls) but when I have played a paid tournament at the beginning I try to be very patient, I avoid entering plays that are not worth it, be more selective with the cards, avoid facing players who are very aggressive unless you feel you have very good cards and the chances of winning are good

LaNimmer

LaNimmer

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Fortune favors the bold and aggressive in those formats. You have to double up a few times very quickly and establish your stack and supremacy of the table. Only then will you get a chance at somewhat a standard game.

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you need to work on hand charts, and understand that variance in such tournaments can lead to tilt

M

Macaroon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
The first thing to do is to realise that you will need luck in turbos, at least very early on, when your main aim will be to double your stack. Then look at the smaller stacks who are going all-in because they have no other option - take them on with anything in the top 50 percent of hands ie Jack/Seven or better. Later on you will have to watch the big hands and how they play - are they raising almost every hand? If so it's likely that, again, any hand in the top 50 per cent will have a chance of beating them. BUT still play in position - unless you are desperate don't end up in a hand with several others; try to make it one-on-one at all times.

V

Vitoeye

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
Fortune favors the bold and aggressive in those formats. You have to double up a few times very quickly and establish your stack and supremacy of the table. Only then will you get a chance at somewhat a standard game.
This is the reason I cut back on turbo games.
I found it was detrimental to my standard strategy.
IE. Opening way too loose, and not playing my position effectively.

MazzErati

MazzErati

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
That is, try not to bring your stack to 5bb, for example, and play more actively at the stage when you have more than 15, right?
Did I understand everything correctly?

I like playing turbo tournaments because you don't have to sit there for 8 hours to play the final. But for some reason I can't play them unfortunately...