• Thread starter This Fish Chums
  • Start date
This Fish Chums

This Fish Chums

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So, here's a question. When tracking tournament stats, your stats can be very skewed depending on when you register and when you exit the tournament. For example, let's say you register last minute and lose 10 hands later. Your stats would show you finished in 200th place even though 800 players were knocked out before you got there.
On the other hand, you could start the tournament early and lose right away in 200th place, but then 800 other players join after you lose and you actually lost in 1000th place.

So, is there some formula or special method of tracking tournament stats for those of us who want to track legit stats?

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wait until after the late registration completely ends (whether you're still in the MTT or out of it) and log in your place/total entrants after that.

U

UncleConRon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion

It is better they think your not a good player then you keep stats and brag about it. Keeping it low key and showing how its done with tidbits that a poker player should analyze and realize yes that is correct. The trick to this method is watching the other players and seeing if they really put the tidbits to use. Right now I have a kid problem because when I first started out it was beginners luck too. As long as they show improvement I figure they can ride the luck.

I do dishes for buy in and most people at first wonder what is he doing here. After the game sets in they catch up but you have some chips on them.

I really play for the vacations because dishwashing don't pay much and I like to travel. Some other tournaments are necessary for spending money.

R

RocwX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Does it really matter your exact position in these kinds of tournaments since you didn't get ITM? Personally, I only care about deep runs and I can tell if I played well or not. If I busted before the late registration ended, I don't really care what was my exact rank.