Tourney Open-Raise Sizes!

seeyouthru

seeyouthru

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I see A lot of Players using 2x open Raise Sizes especially Deep in the tourney from all the positions and even Good Players.
I dont know much about tournaments!

P

Pablo22

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think 2.5 x is usually a good sizing. I see a lot of players raise pot and that is too big in my opinion.

Bodomovac

Bodomovac

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depending on player. 3x is my cup od tea, but there are players raising 5x, 10x, which I personally hate.

P

Principg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Standard is 2x raise, no matter of position, or hand that is dealt.

U

UkoChebuko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The recreational players in the MTT see your raise as "chips", not as "blinds". In the early stages, when you raise, it is not about the fold equity. You want to play with one or two players. If you play versus 4 players, you can't bluff any more, your "one pair" hands are not so good any more. In the late stages, your raise is much more "scary". You can play for fold equity already. Min raise is good enough for 400 blind. 20 blind-80 chips raise, 30 blind - 90 chips raise, 40 blind - 100 chips raise, 80 blind - 180 chips raise, 100 blind - 220 chips raise, 200 blind - 420 chips raise. I hope this is clear enough.
Also I hope my English is good enough :D.

xbronk

xbronk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if they are good players I doubt that from any position they want to fold I think it depends on many factors but the good players play from late positions strong hands to fold and it depends on the tournament functions the big stacks if they can play more open but already in later instances and to distance conservative players who do not play if not strong hand and to keep the lead luck and greetings:five:

godblessiraq

godblessiraq

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Over the past few years I’ve noticed raise sizes have gotten smaller, especially in later stages in the tournament. I belitthis is due to widened ranges of 3 bet strategies.

C

clasrasmusso

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on what position you have and what hand you have, it's about playing for your way of playing. Sometimes you want to have many and sometimes even more than one more.

neverbluff

neverbluff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Early in a tournament I like raising 3 - 3.5x rfi when everyone has 50BB+. Once I get to under 40BB or so, I'll start min raise. One thing to keep in mind is that players at lower stakes call looser, especially the players in the early stages of a tournament. So if you are making large raise sizes, you'll end up playing a lot of big pots out of position. Another thing to keep in mind is that the larger you raise first in, the stronger your range should be generally.