bruno13xs

bruno13xs

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
What is the best tournaments to play rookies and how should I behave turante the game to get mm get far in the tournament?

SouthparkSith

SouthparkSith

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Are you in the USA? It would help to know what sites you have access to? Also describe the term rookie? Are you like just starting poker ever? Or are you just new to online? The more details the better the advice will be.help us help you!

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are a true newbie I would suggest playing freerolls to start. CardsChat offers some for everybody and most sites have some. pokerstars has ongoing freerolls the last several days, not sure how much longer they will last.

Don’t act like most people in the freerolls and go all in every hand. Learn the basics and apply that during the freerolls. You may not cash but you can freely practice playing good solid poker.

Read up on poker as well. Many books and sites around, as well as YouTube video and twitch streams. Also, since you are on here, check out the strategy articles under the menu section in the upper left corner.

Best of luck and have fun.

F

forest_leaves

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ACR has some on-demand $10 freerolls which run throughout the day, its a good place to get some poker experience in, you will have a lot of people just going all-in a bunch though

P

PH03N1Xir

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Start SNG $0.25 45man,90man,180man in Pokerstars

D

da22duke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The $10 freerolls on ACR run nonstop all day. Easy to pound out quite a few of them in one sitting.

Nathan Smith

Nathan Smith

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on how much of a bankroll you can start with. If you have nothing then freerolls are your only choice but you will not learn very quickly playing these. I think you are better off playing $1.50 SNGs on $5.00 nl cash - you will play with people with a little skill and you will learn more.

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What is the best tournaments to play rookies and how should I behave turante the game to get mm get far in the tournament?

Details are needed.... What is your bankroll... your skill level.... what sites do you play... The more information given the more help you will receive.

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
try to play as many free as you can, sometimes you learn something in them, it is not a very solid base but help, jugin sng, in stars there sng of 0.10 $ 0.25 $ 0.50 $ I think you can start there

Manjerica1

Manjerica1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
0,25 sit and go with 45-90 players are the best. in pokerstars

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All beginners are recommended the Micros there and try...

Ronaldo7

Ronaldo7

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like micros for start, freerolls aren't real poker because most of players play it too loose so not good way to learn...

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like micros for start, freerolls aren't real poker because most of players play it too loose so not good way to learn...

I don't agree with this... free rolls IMO opinion would be your next step up from PM. you get the experience of playing for real money without the risk. It's all a step process for learning and that would be the least risk for the most return. I'd rather start someone learning at free rolls than put them at 2NL and figure out they can't beat it... free rolls and studying for beginners would be optimal. I am up for other opinions though this is just my opinion.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play freerolls and accumulate your bankroll. This will give you the opportunity then to go to microstoles and gain experience of the game. Since freerolls are not exactly suitable for accumulating experience.

Z

Zikasamaster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Beginersi think must play a l;ot of sit n gos before sit to play tournaments,thats my opinion....

P

pauloandre100

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
SnG $0,25 45p and 90p

pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
start playing the freerolls that you have access to, that will help you to adapt to the different styles of play, although the freerolls are sometimes crazy, but I think it can help a bit.

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The more you play the better. You will get comfortable playing deep into a tournament where play really is important. Freerolls offer experience with no risk. Nothing wrong with running it up from zero. Some of the legends started from freerolls. Sit and goes are also good at gaining experience.

Bricxjo

Bricxjo

Just some happy guy
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I might suggest you try some pot limit games, one of the difficult things about no limit is the betting.

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For beginners, it's better to choose tournaments based on classic Texas Hold'em with small buy-ins. You can consider the option of Sit & Go with buy-ins 0.10 $ and 0.25 $. In Sit & Go tournaments, you need to be patient and try to stick to a tight-aggressive style.

I

its TG

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you have a bankroll to start with, I'd recommend skipping Freerolls. I'd still play the good Freerolls like Cardschat & Jackpot, but Freerolls such as the 10$ on Demands on ACR build so many bad habits due to the way people play them.

I'd hit up micro stakes MTT's.. .10-.50. I'd also test out micro stakes SnG's so you can get a feel for which games you prefer.

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Freerolls are a great way to start out in poker. Pokerstars are currently running $100, $200 and $300 tourneys every day. One day it will be $100, the next $200, the next $300, then back to $100 and so on. The structures are a little weird, because the payouts regardless of the prize pool are exactly the same up to 27th. Then they all pay $0.10 up to 800 places, the $200 one then pays $0.10 to 1,800 and the $300 one pays up to 2,800. So the $300 one is much easier to cash in than the $200 one and much, much easier to cash in that the $100 one.

You can essentially limp your way to a cash in the $300 tourneys but this is not going to teach you an awful lot or give you much of a chance getting to the bigger money and the final table. To cash in the $100 ones you've got to play some half decent TAG poker and dodge the lucky donkeys.

Once you've built your bank roll to a couple of $'s I would move on to the multi-table SnG's I like the 45 seaters, but I also play the 90 and 180 games as well. $0.25 buy-ins means your not risking loads of money, but you will start to play against better players that aren't going to look to shove pre-flop every hand.

iamtoldurghey

iamtoldurghey

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
55cent on acr are easy so I when u play the right volume.

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Apart from freerolls, typical (mathimatically sound) advice is to start playing single table SNG's, not MTT's.

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

It is better for a beginner to choose tournaments on classical Texas Hold'em, with small buy-ins of a few cents. And even at all with qualifying satellites, which not only will make participation free, but also will give the chance to receive additional game experience. In such tournaments there will be a lot of weak and novice players, which is good for you.

:)