Tournaments for beginners

M

Marmot66

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys , what type of tournaments do you recommend for beginners ??

And what type do you play more often ??

Svyat66556

Svyat66556

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I recommend you only play freerolls until you start winning consistently,

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would recommend not paying attention to the cost - it depends on the size of your bankroll. And look at the structure of the blinds. It will be more useful for a beginner to play slow tournaments with deep stacks. This will allow you to closely monitor the game and learn to make decisions in the late streets of the hand. In contrast to transient super-turbo tournaments with a short stack. They are more designed for luck and understanding the push-fold.

S

sproutfish

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In my experience, I would say do not only play freerolls.

Because people get bored and shove a lot. It is not real poker as people are not bothered about losing.

To really learn you need to lose. As strange as that sounds (once bitten twice shy) I would say you need to keep depositing and playing at the smallest stakes. $1 dollar buy ins, all sorts of tournaments. 6 max, single tables, 45 players and the larger tournaments with large entries.

You will learn much quicker that way, and eventually be able to hold your own.

But you have to lose to learn why, in my opinion.

Hope that helps.

demibar

demibar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Freerolls and sit and go buy-in 0,1-2,50$

H

Heidenroeslein

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls, and small buy-in's are enough of a risk to me, still. I tend to get to more final tables, the more experience I have gained and the more I "let a good hand" go that is no longer a TOP hand concerning what I think the other players could have. I trust my instincts. They get me 75% through the game, there are maybe 25% of players that can fool me.

Kavaleits

Kavaleits

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you just started to play poker, then better of course is to play freerolls. But if you have, for example $20, you can play mtt with 20 cents buy-in.
About type of tournament, better is to play normal speed tournaments and no rebuy, because turbos might be more difficult for beginners. Suggest you to find your favourite game! And good luck at poker!:)

1k95

1k95

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play in freerolls.Later you can move to micro-limits.

1putnik

1putnik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I recomend you to play freerolls, as more as you can until you reach bankroll at least to 50$. Then you can try youself in SnG torneys on microlimits. Also for beginners not bad profit have knockout tournaments with bounty for knockinged players.

M

Mike D_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play freerolls 1-2 months on ACR, not for the money but for experience, learn how to play solid ABC poker! (this is the most important aspect of playing poker - how to play tight, when and when not to take the risks, lot of people still dont know what really means to play tight) then after you learned ABC try other strategies and try to find the perfect balance between strategies. All strategies are good for different stages of a poker tournament, changing gears is the last thing to learn.

W

WisdomMan87

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
freerolls are the softest then micro 2cent 10cent 25cent , my win rate is 7cents in 25cent 45mans over 500games so i would start there ,freerolls is not played in a proper manor . If you are just starting out is best to learn the fundementals of poker rather then just play , sure you will get better by playing but if you have not picked up a poker book or two or online content then you will lose , If you dont know what icm means and how is relevent then you have a lot of work ahead of you , you need to learn to put people on ranges , understand board texture , know what pfr ,cbet , stuff like that mean and how it applys , tag people who call light , understand how to play small pairs deep or not deep , have a decent understanding of hand ranges to play in each spot , term (nash push fold chart)and a bizillion more things

James_Moria

James_Moria

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also think you should start with freerolls and sit&go! Good luck to you!

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tournaments or cash games for beginners is not easy! Try playing SNG 0.10 $ (360) they are great for developing, raising or saving your bank!

B

Bagdalac4ever

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I started with freerolls and I still play freerolls. You can win and you don't have anything to lose. Besides, you can learn how to play in some circumstances. Experience is everything in poker.

AjsmenX

AjsmenX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I started with local micro-stake cash games and online freerolls ..That worked for me

diadiavalik

diadiavalik

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

It all depends on what purpose you want to play poker?
If this is a hobby, then I advise playing freerolls, if for a salary, then for small limits and try to increase your bankroll.
The game in freerolls and in cash games is very different!

E

evaldas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm playing freerolls only at the moment, don't want deposit because got plenty examples when people want to get back their deposit but keep on losing

BriceNice

BriceNice

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls Freerolls Freerolls, there is some crazy play at times, but you get experience at playing tournament structure, where you can work on blind stealing, and bubble play and things of that nature.

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It all depends on your bankroll and time.
1. Multi-table (MTT) tournaments take a lot of time from players. If you can not devote enough time to the tournament - then you should pay attention to single-table (SNG) tournaments. The main SNG tournaments end within an hour and allow newcomers to feel the structure and dynamics of the online tournament play. Just do not play poker roulettes such as Beat the Clock, spin and go, etc.
2. The basic principles of conducting a bankroll are as follows:
- to start the game in MTT, your bank must be at least 100 buy-in of the selected limit
- When playing SNG - 40-50 buy-ins.
In the case, that your bankroll is zero, then you should play freerolls to create a minimum bankroll of about 10$. In the future, play SNG tournaments for 0.10$.

oriole

oriole

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you don't mind losing a few dollars then go with micro stakes tourneys. It's always more fun to play with real money than freerolling.

M

marakhovskii

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

You are advised to play freerolls, but only in real tournaments you can lose your money so the slow-moving 2.20 will be okay