Tournaments

Redbull199030

Redbull199030

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Did you get to the final table of any tournaments for money, if you did, then what strategy did you choose in the final table?

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you come to the final table you should already study the villains you play with. Adjust your game for them, this is the best strategy. There are no universal solutions.

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Did you get to the final table of any tournaments for money, if you did, then what strategy did you choose in the final table?
choose the weak link at the table. Despite the fact that we have gathered a large amount of information about rivals, this may not be enough for you. You must immediately pay attention to the size of the stacks, so that the opponent with the shortest glass will immediately become a target for all players. If this is really necessary, then we should not allow your prize pool to break your game.
It is always necessary to use statistics from various sites (sharkscope) on your opponents at the table, as advised in any poker video. Suppose that players with high ROIs do not play in the finals for the first time, several restiles with any 2-skill cards can be used against them, so they are more likely to fold after the initial raise. But against players who, according to statistics, are not frequent guests of the final table, you should adhere to a different tactic. Such rivals are usually very focused on prize money, while forgetting about tactics and analysis of the game. If this group of players has large stacks, the blind stealing tactics are good, as they will not play anything other than premium hands.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its still just poker, so its not like, playing a final table is a completely different discipline. There are payjumps between each position though, so you need to consider ICM in every decision, you make. Sometimes its very important, if somebody is running on fumes. Other times not so much, if everyone have similar stacks.

As more players are eliminated, play gets shorthanded, which mean, you have to get involved more often with a wider range of hands. Finally it becomes heads up, and this is a very different game. Now there is no ICM, and SB have position on BB. This mean, SB need to play nearly every hand, and of course it becomes very much a psycological warfare, because you have to beat this one player, and nobody else are involved in the action.

maxivega

maxivega

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think at this point in the tournament, you must know your opponents enough (at the least most), you have to open the range of hands, vary your game. Avoid giving any information your opponents and not get involved in hands that bring problems. Must have patience because nobody gives anything.

Branimir84

Branimir84

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
Quite some years ago, I reached few final tables and my strategy was to play tight as I deemed others at the table to be better then me so not to get overplayed easily.

Strategy worked out decently, with one third and second finish. But obviously, its not ideal though if you are not use to the setting of the final table or not quite on the level with the rest of the table I'd think its recommendable.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Watch a video on how other players play. This is useful.

Acesinthebig

Acesinthebig

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pick your spots carefully, and let the other players take each other out.

A

Arthur ZM

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I reached the final table. My strategy always changed depending on the players at the poker table and the number of chips in my hands.

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I only got to the final table in the sit and go tournaments with micro buyins. The strategy for playing at the final table depends on the size of my stack, on the playing style of my opponents and on the structure of the tournament. If I have a large stack, then I play much more confidently, steal blinds, bluff. If my stack is 10 big blinds or less, then I play push (all-in) or fold.

ACESOVEREZZZ

ACESOVEREZZZ

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Final Table

The way I play at the final table depends a lot on where I stand as far as chip leaders. If I am in 7th or 8th place I will play tight and let the chip leaders duke it out LOL. Have finished lots higher then I had expected by playing this way and letting big stacks take each other out,

Good Luck to you all !

Cheers :cheers:

tw082

tw082

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on 6 or 9max n size of stack i carry to ft. I usually play 9 and if i got a decent stack i will only play real good hands at first letting others take each other out till gets down to 5-6 then i change up widening my range n playing more aggressive and keep increasing as table gets smaller.

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You must be able to play and know the tactics of the game at tables from 10 to 3 people, as well as be able to play a head-zap. Without these skills, it will be very difficult for you to play the game at the final table.