Rumengh

Rumengh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Hello from me and I am new to the forum and will be happy to tell you which type of tournament is the most profitable in the sense of blind level that is long or not.:captain::captain::captain:

S

Stormforge

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on your play style really.

Short blinds mean you have to be super aggressive, longer blinds play a bit more like cash games.

F

forest_leaves

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Short blinds are high variance, if you dont get good cards early or you are basically going to have to play a push / fold strategy, i think if your game is fundamentally sound in the long term both are profitable, but long blinds will be better in the short term and easier on the bankroll

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello from me and I am new to the forum and will be happy to tell you which type of tournament is the most profitable in the sense of blind level that is long or not.:captain::captain::captain:

The longer the blinds in a tournament, the more hands can be played before the stack becomes dangerously short. This allows you to play a reliable, confident style while playing your best hands. :icon_cat:

At the table with short blind you do not have time to wait, and very soon are forced to play with any suitable hand. And the same will be done by other players. Therefore, in the bank there are several villains at once and the game turns into a lottery with any cards. :eek:

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
It depends from your game type, or from your appetite each time you play. If you want to be more aggresive you can choose a fast blinds changing mtts, like the "hot" at pokerstars. If you want to play in a calmer way you can chooze something like the "big" at pokerstars. The buy in depends from your bankroll, and it is good to be the 1/20-1/30 of your bankroll.

andsws

andsws

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
RO
Chips
If you pick tournaments with long blinds then you'll fall asleep, there is not much action.. at least not for me.

M

MadMan999

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In tournaments where blindsgo up slow it's easier to play normal poker. Where fast blinds you could early play push/fold poker. Game starts to be like roulette.

S

sillymunchie

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer my blinds to go up every 10 mins, if its every 5 mins you have to losen your range which affects your profits at the lower stakes, as you must rely on more coin flip scenarios a lot sooner then needed, this leads to a lot more times getting knocked out early, but at 10 minute blinds you can play safer and wait for good opportunitys

donny306

donny306

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah i been away for sometime now but im back and ready to play .

Drhat63

Drhat63

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
totally depends on your style of play, RAM and JAM, short blinds probably are best. if you are looking to play deeper pots, with more moves available, then you'd want longer blind levels. very personal choice, IMHO.

D

DGautreau86

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on your play style and what you are best at

ayahuasca

ayahuasca

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Short blinds are more like lottery with hysterical all-ins to defend your bankroll, I don't like them. So I'd recommend long ones if you're going to build good bankroll without a ton of risk.

Rumengh

Rumengh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
The longer are the blinds in the tournament, the more hands can be played before the stack to become dangerously short. This allows you to play reliable, confident style while playing your best hands. :icon_cat:

On the table short blind you do not have time to wait and soon you are forced to play with any appropriate hand. The same will be done by other players. Therefore, the bank has several villains simultaneously and the game turns into a lottery with all cards. :eek:
Thanks for the nice response really try to play strategic poker and found that earns more in the long levels, as indeed in short rates have to play blind and I do not I like this:):):)

Last edited by a moderator:
L

levidoff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tournaments with a deep structure are less dispersive. And more suitable for bankroll.

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Turbo, blinds grow faster than normal tournaments and you need to play more hands than usual...

C

Cloxy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think if turbo blinds and is not deep stack then it is just fortune. I will be able to comfortable play only if you was more lucky in earlie stage.

dedok0525

dedok0525

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on what you are playing better. If you have positive statistics to spin and go is the most lucrative tournament structure for you. If you play too aggressively mmt the shorter stacks the better for you. When playing style tight-agressivgy or too cautious rather deep stacks. It depends on what game style you prefer.