Tournaments

J

jones278

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Although tournaments take the longest to play, I find I play better there then I do cash games. It could be I don't have a bankroll on poker stars to play cash games right now but when I did it was sloppy play and -$$$$.
I have been trying to grind out free roll tournaments to build a bankroll I will get there.. I should start a go fund me page to start my poker career lol I dont need a lot just a couple bucks to start the real grind lol
Jones278 (pokerstars)
Thanks for Listening

micalupagoo

micalupagoo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
tournaments are my fav game, except for the long hours lol, small table tourneys are a good way to go (9-180players)
freerolling is a long hard grind to get a few dollars in the bankroll, and a small deposit and paper bankroll management will get you to bigger games way quicker,
you can try the fund me page or see if someone will stake you, if you're active here long enough someone might bankroll you...
gl

godblessiraq

godblessiraq

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If anyone donates to a go fund me page to help you start a poker bankroll, I’m starting a go fund me page to finance me leaving planet earth...

bc2017

bc2017

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I personally like the 9 player sit and go as something I can do in 45 mins. I've not tried playing a cash game because I feel as if with tourneys or sit and gos, I have full control over how much money I put in.

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I personally like the 9 player sit and go as something I can do in 45 mins. I've not tried playing a cash game because I feel as if with tourneys or sit and gos, I have full control over how much money I put in.

I'm confused? You have full control of how much money you put into a cash game. If max buy in is $2 that's all you buy in for. Same as if you bought into a $2 tournament.You have to hit the re-buy button in a cash game the same way you have to press the re-enter button to buy back into a tournament. What's the difference?

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Although tournaments take the longest to play, I find I play better there then I do cash games. It could be I don't have a bankroll on poker stars to play cash games right now but when I did it was sloppy play and -$$$$.
I have been trying to grind out free roll tournaments to build a bankroll I will get there.. I should start a go fund me page to start my poker career lol I dont need a lot just a couple bucks to start the real grind lol
Jones278 (pokerstars)
Thanks for Listening

You absolutely can build a bankroll off free rolls. Just get to $40 and start playing .01/.02 If you drop down below $40 play free rolls again until you're back over $40 Move your way up from there. I'm sure the go fund me page was a joke. GL on the grind.

J

jones278

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You absolutely can build a bankroll off free rolls. Just get to $40 and start playing .01/.02 If you drop down below $40 play free rolls again until you're back over $40 Move your way up from there. I'm sure the go fund me page was a joke. GL on the grind.

Thank you for the advice I will try that for sure!

The Boss

The Boss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Jones278 (pokerstars)
Thanks for Listening

I recommend going for the GoFundMe page when you have more credibility. Until then, earn your reputation by participating in the forums and playing in the freerolls. Have you considered trying micro-stakes MTTs once you get the bankroll for it?

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
friend you must continue with the freerolls, they really are very good to build a bank, I'm not sure if what you win you must play cash tables, I think you should invest your time and money in Sng to make more money grow, too from time to time paid tournaments, you are new so welcome to Cardschat, keep participating in the page, you will learn a lot here and you can also participate in its many promotions

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Freerolls are a good way to make bank no deposit, if you're not a club member, you can play other freerolls offered by poker rooms.
There CC are some promotions for any member of the forum, you do not need to be a member, if you want you can contact me and I'll help.
Currently this league in home games, I think you have to have 37 post quality, and this World Cup, you could contact a moderator, to see if you can replace a player who is not playing, greetings and welcome to the forum .

bijan777

bijan777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes thanks to cardchat freeroll are best way to crat bankroll and level up in poker

I

its TG

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my tournament play is much more consistent .. but ive found myself on some heaters in ring games lately

pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
keep trying in the freerolls, they will always be a good way to build your bank roll, many rooms offer promotions that you can take advantage of like here in cardas chat, you can also learn a lot to improve your game and control your bank