Tournament - Latter stages

C

clarence crumpet

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I play online, I normally start well and only start to fade when it gets down to last 30 or so. Should I be upping my aggression at this stage? I find I get bullied off hands more here than I should.

BabyJesus64

BabyJesus64

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Normally the poker changes more or less to the lottery in the last few tables (depending on the tournament), because the blinds are much higher and most people tend to only fold or go all in. If there is hands where you see the flop, your position matters a lot. Especially if you are on the button and everyone checks, it very often is good to raise, be aggressive and try to steal the pot even without having anything good. At this point people won't call/re-raise if they don't have a very good hand.

In the other hand if you are checking in early position and the button raises, don't be afraid to call/re-raise if you have a decent hand. Of course you should have some kind of read about the player. Especially the big stack players are trying to take an advantage of their chips and try to bluff more often.

C

clarence crumpet

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I caught a big stake doing this twice yesterday! Nothing better.