Tournament help much needed

M

Meeshu71

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After returning to poker from an absence I feel I need some advice,help or criticism.

I'm playing on Stars and when I enter tournaments there as you know there can be many entries sometimes into the 1000s+

No matter what the buy in I'm very confident in reaching the top 10% and usually do but something just doesn't click.

Im obviously doing something right to get into the tournament deep but can never close and finish it off.

At the start of a tournament I'll mix it up playing and raising to create a stack.

When it comes to the business end I really dont change my play as for me making the money is ok .....I'm here to win

Years ago I would tighten up so much hoping others would get knocked out so I could progress but I have stopped that play as I would never get that 1st place.

Any advice is much appreciated guys because I do feel I'm a good tournament player I just cant put my finger on what I'm doing wrong

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you play poker again after a long time, i think you need some learning. Even if you know the basics of poker, no harm to repeat. The most important thing is to build knowledge on solid foundations, your situation is a great opportunity!

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Might try some of the 90 or 180 person SNG fields. Those were always profitable for me. pokerstars would have enough traffic (or did years ago) to fill quickly.

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
After taking time off, sometimes the play changes and people act differently. I suggest playing a micro stake and see how the play is compared to what it was when you played. If it's much looser or tighter, adjust to your style.

swoopdonk

swoopdonk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you can make it to the bubble you are good enough to win. You have to realize that strong hands are insanely good now. However, position playing now is crucial.....regardless of your 2 cards. Bet into people hard.....you'll be surprised. Bold is the Gold.