yuriko oyama

yuriko oyama

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't know about you, but a lot of times, in certain online tournaments, when I get a really good sequence of hands at the beginning of the tournament, they start missing in the most important stages, ITM and FT.
and when bad hands come at the beginning and I manage to get ITM, with some patience I can go relatively far.
am i imagining things?:unsure:
Is it just a weird conspiracy theory?:unsure:

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Well based on the maths all hands come with the same probability.

If you get many good hands in a short period of time, it's likely to have to wait a little for the bad cards to go through your hands. 😅

I've also experienced that a few times, so I guess we have to accept that.

If you manage to get good hands for all the phases, that's where the fun begins. 😎
But most likely this good phase will be followed by a longer dry phase.

In a long run with a huge amount of hands, you'll not see any hands coming more often than others but if you only look at a fraction of that run, you might experience all sorts of combinations. :)

P

Peteski84

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Coincidence is a common occurrence, i find it funny when i notice the same cards popping up multiple times in 1 game. Its not as it its setting you up, its just we (as humans) tend to find patterns and sequences where there are none.
We find reason for chance.

Pavel1203733

Pavel1203733

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think this is a conspiracy theory or anything like that. These are just personal associations of individual players. There are thousands of players. There are millions of hands every day. And each time the drop-down card is determined by random.
I believe in this and in case of a loss I don’t try to explain anything only by bad luck.

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't know about you, but a lot of times, in certain online tournaments, when I get a really good sequence of hands at the beginning of the tournament, they start missing in the most important stages, ITM and FT.
and when bad hands come at the beginning and I manage to get ITM, with some patience I can go relatively far.
am i imagining things?:unsure:
Is it just a weird conspiracy theory?:unsure:
I've actually noticed this, in my case at the beginning of tournaments I usually get bad hands and in the middle to the end of it rubbish hands, and when I'm there trying to survive in the tournament with 10bb, I finally get a nice pair of AA and take a bed beat.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

D0nk3y Hunt3r

D0nk3y Hunt3r

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know about you,
I've also noticed something like this, though I've noticed also reverse situation, tournaments with only good hands and also tournaments with only bad ones.
If you look over for a big picture, for example, on the sharkscope, on graphs of some of the players with large records you can notice that charts sometimes dive down for a long time, sometimes they skyrocket and sometimes they flat.

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
this is how selective memory works, in order to talk about conspiracy theories, you need to have a great hand history

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
if you were given cards at the beginning of the game and not in the middle of the game, this is normal because it's not time for you to give others cards to play

yuriko oyama

yuriko oyama

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Well based on the maths all hands come with the same probability.

If you get many good hands in a short period of time, it's likely to have to wait a little for the bad cards to go through your hands. 😅

I've also experienced that a few times, so I guess we have to accept that.

If you manage to get good hands for all the phases, that's where the fun begins. 😎
But most likely this good phase will be followed by a longer dry phase.

In a long run with a huge amount of hands, you'll not see any hands coming more often than others but if you only look at a fraction of that run, you might experience all sorts of combinations. :)
andyreas thank you very much for your attention.
and I consider what you said a teaching.
I hope to meet you at the tables and make you go home.kkkkkk
good luck buddy.;););)

yuriko oyama

yuriko oyama

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Coincidence is a common occurrence, i find it funny when i notice the same cards popping up multiple times in 1 game. Its not as it its setting you up, its just we (as humans) tend to find patterns and sequences where there are none.
We find reason for chance.
you're right, but I wasn't even complaining, I just made a small statement of a feeling that I sometimes end up noticing in certain games.
Thanks for your attention, good luck.;););)

yuriko oyama

yuriko oyama

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't think this is a conspiracy theory or anything like that. These are just personal associations of individual players. There are thousands of players. There are millions of hands every day. And each time the drop-down card is determined by random.
I believe in this and in case of a loss I don’t try to explain anything only by bad luck.
I just threw a topic in the air, not as a doubt or certainty, just to exchange ideas.
thanks for listening.

yuriko oyama

yuriko oyama

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I've actually noticed this, in my case at the beginning of tournaments I usually get bad hands and in the middle to the end of it rubbish hands, and when I'm there trying to survive in the tournament with 10bb, I finally get a nice pair of AA and take a bed beat.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I notice that when I'm too short I get a nice hand that usually gets destroyed by any trash.:mad::mad::mad:

yuriko oyama

yuriko oyama

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I've also noticed something like this, though I've noticed also reverse situation, tournaments with only good hands and also tournaments with only bad ones.
If you look over for a big picture, for example, on the sharkscope, on graphs of some of the players with large records you can notice that charts sometimes dive down for a long time, sometimes they skyrocket and sometimes they flat.
I also think within the idea of the game, I don't see any problem.
just one played a theme to try to know the feel of other players.
thanks for listening.

IronMike9000

IronMike9000

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
IE
Chips
It happens you just have to be patient and ride the waves, i cashed a 120k tourney recently, started out with good hands think i was 4th at one point, went card dead for an hour, got a bad beat before tripling up. Went card dead for over two hours, thankfully got some cards at the end to allow me to cash.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
These are some observations you make for the game, They are not any strange rule, they are just the mathematical sequence with ups and downs!

jrportes21

jrportes21

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
it's just apparent because the probability is the same for all hands, it depends on how you're seeing the game on the day, it depends a lot on your emotional...