Tournament

Z

Zbrljakis

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What are the positive things and what are the negative ones with late registration for tournaments? Maybe this thread exist before but im asking again..;)

perrypip

perrypip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you have your best skill advantage playing with shallow stacks and don't want to invest the time playing deeps stacked then late registration might be to your advantage. While you can build up chips in the deep stacked phase you can often win as many chips just stealing blinds in the later phase. So some players like to dive in late and just play the shallow stacked game.

Szyilard

Szyilard

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi!

I don't think it's worth checking in late with hyper. Late registration also depends on how late? It is no longer best to register an hour in a turbo race. I prefer to pre-register everywhere and shape my day so that I can start with them.It makes no sense that I have to push all my chips in the first round and I’m out.

L

Lina1020

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Late registration is not a good idea in turbo or hiper turbo tournaments, as the blinds rise very quickly so you don't stand a chance unless you get good cards. In slow or normal tournaments you can convert your game there is better to register late.

5KINGLEO5

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The positive effect of late registration can be obtained when playing a knockout tournament, we will be called more loosely and we will have a chance to double our stack.

R

rachelle2291

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With freerolls if I am busy I will sometimes enter at last possible moment and then try and double up. Then I can sit out for awhile to finish whatever needs to be done.

Vorem

Vorem

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've heard the opinion that the late register is good for satellites

G

gichka97

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Late registration is very good for turbo and especially for hyper-turbo tournaments, when you can miss first 30 - 60 minutes of play and then to double up fast in the first hands due to the fact the blinds are very big according to your stack and can become with one all-in with the stack as the others have.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Positive - you save 2 or 3 hours.
Negative - none really.

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I see great chances to build a good Bank, it's stupid to miss this opportunity when the blinds are very low and your stack is not in danger. Of course, to enter the tournament later, go 2-3 times all in and increase the pot 4-5 times is amazing, but what are the chances for this?)) I notice that you can spend the first 1.5 or 2 hours at the same table and this is a great opportunity to study the table well and not lose a lot of chips. I think the strongest players will not wait for late registration and will play immediately and follow a gradual strategy for MTT! ;)

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I use late registration only when I have no choice. when I really want to participate in a mtt and I haven't logged in on time.

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
depends on your ability to play short or large stack

NBDG8477

NBDG8477

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
long duration mtts are ok to check in late , hypers i would get in right away as you want to build a stack as quick as possible ...turbos are a little more complex as you want to build a stack as quick as you can but you can still late reg and do that but everyone has a preference ,this is just mine.

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
There's nothing wrong with an hour late registration (MTTs) like it used to be. 3 or more hours become ridiculous. And why would you register to start with 10 blinds anyway ? Hoping to double up is pure gambling.

K

Keith557444

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the positive most times your almost in the money if you wait till last level to enter and you either are all in or fold because so not much to think about. the negative you need to find a decent hand to double up very fast or you wont last long

MusterIsBack

MusterIsBack

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The best thing about this is to use less time and play with better players because usually weak players are eliminated in the first place. But it must be said that in Late register you have less time to build your own stack and you have to play with better hands, which makes it harder for you.

U

UkoChebuko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think there are mainly "negative things". The early stage is the most profitable, if we talk about blinds per hand. The problem is you use the late registration, you are with short stack and you pay the same fee.
Can be good for some tournaments. With huge add on. There was a "window" in PS, for some tournaments. You can go late, do a little "tanking" and use 10x add on. This was profitable. But you can't do that anymore.
I think, if you want to use that, the add on must be big, at least 2.5x. Or some freeroll...